Quicky Browser (save pages for offline viewing)
By Smartest Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* 50% Off Introductory Sale *
Quicky is a fast efficient browser that acts as an alternative to Safari.
1. Offline Browsing - Each bookmark you save will also save an offline copy into your device. If you ever lose internet connection, just load up a bookmark and your page will still be there. This is great for those who like to read news articles where there is no internet connection. Images and ads are stripped from the offline version, so that it can load faster and use less storage in your device.
2. Full Screen Browsing - This app shows all websites with the maximum viewing size your device can handle (even the status bar is hidden). This saves you about 1/3 of the screen space that Safari's toolbars use. To show/hide the toolbar, just tap the bottom-right of your screen.
3. Quick Homepage Access - When you start this app, your homepage immediately loads in full view. Safari just shows you an outdated version of the last page you viewed.
4. No Browsing History - Now you do not have to worry about constantly clearing your history to prevent nosy people looking through your browsing history.
5. Lock Rotation - Safari gets annoying sometimes when it rotates without you wanting it to rotate. Now you can press a button and prevent your website from rotating.
6. Efficiency - Multiple windows are merged into one to keep the app as efficient as possible. A single browsing window means that you do not have to worry about swiping through different pages, because all links will open in the same window.
7. No Footprint - Safari stays in your device's memory until you power cycle your device. This browser removes itself from your RAM when you end it. Now you can have more RAM to run other apps, such as games and video, faster.
1. Google search bar
2. Email a link to the website
3. Download/Save the original image (unlike other browsers that just tell you to take a screenshot of the image)
4. Open the current page in Safari
5. Same gestures as Safari (pinch to zoom, double tap to zoom, finger scroll, hover to copy & paste, etc.)
Tap the bottom-right of the screen to unhide the toolbar.
What's New in Version 3.0
Great offline text browsing, performance is sluggish
Pro: This app does exactly what I need it to do - save mostly-text web pages locally from sites requiring a login for offline reading on my iPod Touch, then calling them up easily when I have no internet access.
Cons: Performance on my first gen iPod Touch is dismal. Rotating from portrait to landscape mode takes 15-30 seconds. Loading a web page while connected to the internet takes 3-5 times longer than Safari. It usually takes about five attempts to bring up interface controls before they appear. Interface hides the usual time/battery level/wifi status bar at top, which is frequently inconvenient. App can only manage one page at a time; there is no multi-page switching. My iPod Touch is on Apple standard 3.1.3 OS, no hacks are installed, and a hard power cycle does not improve performance.
best browser in the bunch
I've tried Bolt, PERFECT, Oceanus, and others, and this browser seems to rank up there as one of the best. No crashes. Web access was quick. Offline bookmarks is a plus, since I commute underground where there is no 3G connection. Great buy.
Hands down the quickest browser on the appstore, the only issue would be that the google search bar doesn't work, but who needs it with google being the home screen anyway
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 06, 2009
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Smartest Apps LLC
- © 2009 James Leung
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.