Which fabrics for this project ? Isn't it too bright ? Too dull ? I wish I could see it in the block !
Gain confidence in your quilt fabrics shopping with Quilt Wizard ! Take pictures of fabrics right on the spot, and immediately try them in your quilt project on screen. No need to carry snippets of fabrics with you when shopping, you can see straight away on your device how your choice of fabrics will perform on your quilt.
Here is how it works :
(1) Take pictures of your fabrics at home and keep them available into your photo library. From the application, select fabrics from the photo library or take a new picture with the camera.
(2) Choose fabrics and blocks to compose your quilt on the screen. Create a block, fill it with selected fabrics. Create as many blocks as necessary. Rotate, flip, duplicate blocks, to suite your design.
(3) Assemble the quilt with the blocks you have designed.
(4) Take photos of fabrics at the shop or quilt show. Leave a note so you can remember where you have seen this fabrics. Incorporate it into your existing block design, and immediately see the result on screen. Not looking good ? Try another fabrics !
Designing a quilt will only take few minutes !!
- Build your fabrics stash from the Photo Library or built-in camera
- Choose from a list of most popular quilting blocks (100+).
- Sashing and border options.
- Incorporate your already sawn blocks into your project
- Block rotation, flipping and duplication.
- Choose from two quilt layouts : straight, or on point blocks layout.
- Zoom in and out your quilt and block design while editing.
- Configurable quilt size.
- Design multiple quilts at the same time.
See the user guide at http://blog.wattlebird.com.au
iOS 10 refresh and minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The previews make it seem as though you can design your own quilts, but the only capabilities it has is to choose one of their templates or a blank square (everything is in squares). There is no way to build your own template. The “import your own fabric” function is sorely lacking; when it imports, it zooms in, so you will only see a tiny piece of the print. For instance, if you import a woodland creature print, it zooms in on one deer’s leg. This happened with all of the fabrics I tried to import.
While I think this is a fine app for someone wanting to follow their templates & use their fabrics, it’s very limited in capabilities.
Amazing Quilt Design App
This is exactly what I was looking for in a quilt design app. So immediately rewarding. I have 40+ fabrics going into this quilt and it took very little time to add them into my library. I’m still figuring things out but I’m finding this app extremely helpful and easy to use. Thanks!
Exactly what I wanted!
I’m not a fancy quilter, but this did exactly what I wanted. I figured it out in under five minutes, was able to upload the material I’m using and design a quilt with it. I’m not sure why others had trouble, I almost didn’t get it because of the other reviews. It is worth it for what I’m doing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.