By Patrick Diligent
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Which fabrics for this project ? Isn't it too bright ? Too dull ? I wish I could see it in the block !
Gain confidence in your quilt fabrics shopping with Quilt Wizard ! Take pictures of fabrics right on the spot, and immediately try them in your quilt project on screen. No need to carry snippets of fabrics with you when shopping, you can see straight away on your device how your choice of fabrics will perform on your quilt.
Here is how it works :
(1) Take pictures of your fabrics at home and keep them available into your photo library. From the application, select fabrics from the photo library or take a new picture with the camera.
(2) Choose fabrics and blocks to compose your quilt on the screen. Create a block, fill it with selected fabrics. Create as many blocks as necessary. Rotate, flip, duplicate blocks, to suite your design.
(3) Assemble the quilt with the blocks you have designed.
(4) Take photos of fabrics at the shop or quilt show. Leave a note so you can remember where you have seen this fabrics. Incorporate it into your existing block design, and immediately see the result on screen. Not looking good ? Try another fabrics !
Designing a quilt will only take few minutes !!
- Build your fabrics stash from the Photo Library or built-in camera
- Choose from a list of most popular quilting blocks (100+).
- Sashing and border options.
- Incorporate your already sawn blocks into your project
- Block rotation, flipping and duplication.
- Choose from two quilt layouts : straight, or on point blocks layout.
- Zoom in and out your quilt and block design while editing.
- Configurable quilt size.
- Design multiple quilts at the same time.
See the user guide at http://blog.wattlebird.com.au
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Adapted to iOS 7
Oh Sew Many Options!
I was skeptical purchasing this app. However, I was not disappointed! I was able to easily upload my own photos to use as swatches, and configure by layout exactly as I wanted. This isn't a calculation tool--it is a DESIGN tool that gives hundreds of options. For instance, I am building a disappearing nine--although there is a "nines", there isn't every variation of nines. However, the way you are able to fill each shape with your fabrics, I easily used another template block to simulate the directions I wanted to disappear my "nines". You can create many blocks to use in the same quilt, and create multiple quilts. I just love it!
For those not familiar utilizing a design utility, there will be a slight learning curve for the app and how it works. I am rather proficient with design software and found it easy, and surprisingly feature rich. I just love it!
Improvements? Give a binding option utility, allow fabric categories/naming convention for custom imported fabric swatches, and perhaps freestyle piece shapes (in the rare circumstance that anyone would need it---there are a gazillion block templates)!
Needs some work
I would like to delete fabrics that I uploaded from the fabric selection.
I would like to choose where the added row goes. For example, I needed to add two more rows ... one at the top and one at the bottom. Instead, it only let me add at the bottom and I had no way to move it to the top not how to move the entire quilt design down a row without having to completely start over.
I love it
If you want an app that make it easy to orgnize your blocks buy it. It is very wonderfull app
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Sep 30, 2013
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: patrick diligent
- © 2011 Patrick Diligent
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.