By Patrick Diligent
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Which fabrics for this project ? Isn't it too bright ? Too dull ? I wish I could see it in the block !
Gain confidence in your quilt fabrics shopping with Quilt Wizard ! Take pictures of fabrics right on the spot, and immediately try them in your quilt project on screen. No need to carry snippets of fabrics with you when shopping, you can see straight away on your device how your choice of fabrics will perform on your quilt.
Here is how it works :
(1) Take pictures of your fabrics at home and keep them available into your photo library. From the application, select fabrics from the photo library or take a new picture with the camera.
(2) Choose fabrics and blocks to compose your quilt on the screen. Create a block, fill it with selected fabrics. Create as many blocks as necessary. Rotate, flip, duplicate blocks, to suite your design.
(3) Assemble the quilt with the blocks you have designed.
(4) Take photos of fabrics at the shop or quilt show. Leave a note so you can remember where you have seen this fabrics. Incorporate it into your existing block design, and immediately see the result on screen. Not looking good ? Try another fabrics !
Designing a quilt will only take few minutes !!
- Build your fabrics stash from the Photo Library or built-in camera
- Choose from a list of most popular quilting blocks (100+).
- Sashing and border options.
- Incorporate your already sawn blocks into your project
- Block rotation, flipping and duplication.
- Choose from two quilt layouts : straight, or on point blocks layout.
- Zoom in and out your quilt and block design while editing.
- Configurable quilt size.
- Design multiple quilts at the same time.
See the user guide at http://blog.wattlebird.com.au
What's New in Version 2.5.1
Blocks from QuiltWizardCompanion where not loaded when sent directly to QuiltWizard. It is now fixed.
This is a great design tool
When I first began thinking about quilting, I was steered down the path of buying fabric or, as the initiated, know creating a "stash". So I had all this fabric but no idea how to put patterns and colors together. I came across this app and it changed things forever.
I could take pictures of the fabric I had bought and lay it out in different block patterns. I was suddenly making quilts without having to sew anything. I would take my iPad or iPhone with me when shopping and never repurchased the same fabric because I had my library of images with me.
For those of us with less than an intuitive sense of what went well together, it was a godsend. I could design to my heart's content and all before before cutting into any of my fabric. It gave me a great deal of confidence in my ability to choose fabrics and blocks. I could send my designs to a quilting cousin for critique and my husband was always surprised that I was making several quilts a day until I told him about the app.
The developer was also responsive to my questions and suggestions about its use.
For the beginner or seasoned quilter, this app will inspire you and give you confidence, something most of us newbies suddenly lose, when confronted with the gorgeous quilts people are able to make.
One of a kind
This is the ONLY app that allows me to experiment with color and design for my crochet granny square based afghans. It's well thought out. I can add yarn color swatches. I am waiting with baited breath for the block designer. Then I'd be all set. I am too inexperienced with programming to take advantage of the concise instructions about programming my own blocks on the website. But if you can program the instructions are all there!
Great quilting tool!!
Easy to learn and use but complex enough to be fun and useful. I love the ability to design a quilt with pictures of my own fabric. I have tryed a few others but Quilt Wizard has just the tools I need. Not to many to be confusing and not to few as to be useless and boreing. Good Job!!
Suggestion: Could you make the sashing and border width choices more varied. I like to put a thin (1 inch) border on my quilts. Also I would like more choice of number of rows and columns.
Thanks for a great app
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: patrick diligent
- © 2011 Patrick Diligent
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.