By Patrick Diligent
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Which fabrics for this project ? Isn't it too bright ? Too dull ? I wish I could see it in the block !
Gain confidence in your quilt fabrics shopping with Quilt Wizard ! Take pictures of fabrics right on the spot, and immediately try them in your quilt project on screen. No need to carry snippets of fabrics with you when shopping, you can see straight away on your device how your choice of fabrics will perform on your quilt.
Here is how it works :
(1) Take pictures of your fabrics at home and keep them available into your photo library. From the application, select fabrics from the photo library or take a new picture with the camera.
(2) Choose fabrics and blocks to compose your quilt on the screen. Create a block, fill it with selected fabrics. Create as many blocks as necessary. Rotate, flip, duplicate blocks, to suite your design.
(3) Assemble the quilt with the blocks you have designed.
(4) Take photos of fabrics at the shop or quilt show. Leave a note so you can remember where you have seen this fabrics. Incorporate it into your existing block design, and immediately see the result on screen. Not looking good ? Try another fabrics !
Designing a quilt will only take few minutes !!
- Build your fabrics stash from the Photo Library or built-in camera
- Choose from a list of most popular quilting blocks (100+).
- Sashing and border options.
- Incorporate your already sawn blocks into your project
- Block rotation, flipping and duplication.
- Choose from two quilt layouts : straight, or on point blocks layout.
- Zoom in and out your quilt and block design while editing.
- Configurable quilt size.
- Design multiple quilts at the same time.
See the user guide at http://blog.wattlebird.com.au
What's New in Version 2.5.3
Fix a glitch in the quilt drawing introduced in the previous release.
Simple but limited
I like making charm quilts, but with it limiting you to 9x9 rows and columns this does make it more challenging. The blank block makes it easy to use just on fabric and move things around to insert in a pattern here and there. With the limit I spend more time futzing around with 4 patch and 9 patch and never quite get what I am looking for. It is nice for adding in your own fabric but are again limited on cropping abilities.
With the following additions it would be five star
I appreciate your app. I saw that you have given people an option to do a little bit of programming to add blocks to the ones that are already offered. As good as your tutorial is, I am not skilled enough to follow the programming explanations.
Any idea when you will have the ability to more simply add blocks? I am particularly interested in half triangle blocks. I would love to see you the option for adding half triangles and being able to rotate them.
The other thing that is exceedingly important to me is the ability to add borders of different sizes and perhaps more than one. Could you please let me know when this might happen?
I was a looking for an app that I could design my own quilts in using my pictures of fabric that I had already owned. This is THE APP! At first I was hesitant at the price, but decided to take the plunge and I'm glad I did. The app allows you to create a quilt using pictures of fabric that you either have or have screen shots of through you camera. You collect your fabrics in the fabric part of the app and when you're ready to create a quilt you click on the quilt section and begin. First you choose a quilt type, then you add blocks and material. You create the blocks using material in your material collection. You can duplicate blocks, rotate them, flip them, and so on. I suggest duplicating blocks then manipulating them. Then you go back to your quilt and add the blocks to the quilt. You can change the numbers and rows of the blocks, add up to two boarders, add corner blocks, and change the size of above things. Once you are done with the quilt you can save it as a picture. This allows you to see if the colors and designs work together. There is a library of blocks with multiple options. One of the downsides of the app is that you don't have measurements that end up telling you how much material you will need. But I have other apps that will do that for me so I use them in combination with this app. Additionally, you can't create your own block and save it to the block library. But this is mitigated by the fact that there are so many blocks to choose from that you can still experiment and make unique quilts. I absolutely love this app and it's one of the few apps that I have bought that I thought was worth the price. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is a quilter.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 16, 2016
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: patrick diligent
- © 2011 Patrick Diligent
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.