By Subtractive Art
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
New! Quilt Studio for iPad — Free to install — Try it now!
See your quilt design before you sew it! Anyone can design quilts and blocks on iPad with hundreds of fabrics.
• Design pieced patchwork quilts with your own custom blocks, or choose from one of the many included blocks
• Choose from hundreds of fabrics from Hancock’s of Paducah, then order with a tap
• Change block settings, sashing, borders and binding
• Have block diagrams, fabric estimates and templates done for you automatically
• Email quilt information PDF file to print or share (paid feature)
This free download allows you to create up to three quilts. After trying it, you can upgrade right form within the app to make as many quilts as you want as well as email, print and share your designs.
New to Quilting?
If you're new to quilting, we recommend you get help from an experienced quilter to plan and sew your first quilts. Quilt Studio is not a tutorial and does not include step-by-step instructions. Quilt Studio is designed to help experienced quilters design and sew quilt tops without having to worry about estimating fabrics, figuring out piece dimensions or drawing templates.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the app to quit when opening a quilt.
Used to like it, but now it crashes!
I've used this app for over a year and have liked it once i figured it out. It is a basic app and If you want to play with sizes and explore fabric options, it is a good choice. The print out seems accuare for yardage, but as they say, they are NOT step by step instructions, so there is an assumption that you already know how to put blocks together. There are no options to upload your own fabric swatches or set fabric to random, but their catalogue of choices allows me to pick things close to what i plan to use.
With the latest upgrade, the app keeps crashing before it opens, leaving it unusable, so save your money until they fix it.
Inaccurate Cutting Instructions
The app doesn't distinguish between corner squares and sashing squares when using the same fabric for both. This one discrepancy almost caused me to ruin a $300 quilt that I'm making for a customer. Thankfully, I caught the mistake. It also separates the border into blocks which I ignored. I measure the quilt and cut the border fabric when I get to it. I never cut border fabric before the quilt is assembled. It also only allows two blocks and one border. Aside from this, I love the app.
I love it!
I'm enjoying how fun and easy it is to use. I work at a quilt shop and find Quilt Studio to be a big help for quickly figuring fabric amounts for customers' quilts. Great app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 25, 2015
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 66.0 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Subtractive Art LLC
- © 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Storage$14.99
- Basic Expansion$14.99