By Subtractive Art
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New! Quilt Studio for iPad — Free to install — Try it now!
See your quilt design before you sew it! Anyone can design quilts and blocks on iPad with hundreds of fabrics from Hancock’s of Paducah.
• Design pieced patchwork quilts with your own custom blocks, or choose from one of the many included blocks
• Choose from hundreds of fabrics from Hancock’s of Paducah, then order with a tap
• Change block settings, sashing, borders and binding
• Have block diagrams, fabric estimates and templates done for you automatically
• Email quilt information PDF file to print or share (paid feature)
Paid upgrade purchased within Quilt Studio gives you limited or unlimited quilt, fabric set and block storage, and enables you to email quilt information PDF to print, share or save.
New to Quilting?
If you're new to quilting, we recommend you get help from an experienced quilter to plan and sew your first quilts. Quilt Studio is not a tutorial and does not include step-by-step instructions. Quilt Studio is designed to help experienced quilters design and sew quilt tops without having to worry about estimating fabrics, figuring out piece dimensions or drawing templates.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
• Fixed crash on startup experienced by a small number of users
• Other minor bug fixes
Problem solver to designer!
I've been quilting for 12 years but I've never designed a quilt before Quilt Studio because I know I'll make calculations mistakes and I don't want the resulting frustrations. Plus, I am much more interested in sewing than designing!
As a result, I usually buy patterns from quilt stores or make quilts that I find in quilting magazines. Often those patterns have their own miscalculations whether from writing the pattern or in the printing process. After having purchased Quilt Studio I have found that in a few minutes I can enter on Quilt Studio a block and instantly have correct measurements before I buy and cut fabric for my next project. It eliminates hours of frustration trying to fix incorrect calculations and it eliminates the expense of buying more fabric to fix those problems.
This morning I was actually prompted to create my own blocks and quilt pattern in less than an hour using the blank grid on Quilt Studio. I can see how each finished block will look, with the fabric and colors that will be in that quilt. If I don't like it, I can change out fabrics, colors and blocks before I ever go to the fabric store -- or order the fabrics from Hancock's!
Creating and again, and again, and again!
This is an essential tool for any quilter! You can try all kinds of fabrics, blocks, sizes and settings with a couple of taps, and then it generates a pattern with yardages, diagrams and piece lists. Fully customizable! it makes me creative. While generating one pattern, I keep thinking of variations, colors, and new designs. Truly amazing!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 06, 2014
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 69.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Subtractive Art LLC
- © 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Storage$29.99
- Basic Expansion$12.99