Quip is a place for teams to create living documents. It combines chat, docs, slides, and spreadsheets in one app — making collaboration fast and easy. Skip the endless emails, meetings, document versions by working simpler and faster with Quip—available for your Mac, iPad and iPhone. Watch your team and your work come alive.
SHARE DOCUMENTS AND TASK LISTS
Take notes, share grocery lists, organize task lists, edit docs with your office coworkers, collaborate with any group or team on projects.
CHAT AND MESSAGING
Real-time chat and messaging is integrated seamlessly for easy collaboration, so you never have to switch to email.
Embed beautiful, full featured spreadsheets with support for over 400 functions and a customized mobile keyboards that make editing a pleasure from any device.
Quip slides are designed to get everyone aligned with fewer, shorter meetings—or no meetings at all. Use interactive polls and prompts to ensure that real decisions get made. Create charts using live data from spreadsheets and Salesforce records. They’ll always stay up to date, and your team will too.
ACCESS ON ANY DEVICE, ANY TIME
All of your chats, docs, task lists, and spreadsheets are available on all of the devices you use — iPhone, iPad, and desktop. Easily review changes, comments, annotations to your docs and spreadsheets from your iPhone and iPad.
IMPORT & EXPORT
Import your documents from Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Box, Google Docs, and more. Export documents to PDF and Microsoft Office. Export spreadsheets to Microsoft Excel. Import your address book from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook, Google, or iCloud.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but could be better
How organization was looking for a tool for collaboration that would help simplify things. Will use Google drive and other tools, but to be frank, the mess and spiderweb of files has become overwhelming it is increasingly difficult to manage. We looked at Quip as a possible solution to help us to manage collaboration any more simple and streamlined way.
Quit passes benefits and we continue to use Quip as a tool. It makes things a lot easier than working in Google and having to open multiple types of files and documents. You can use it on the web you can use a clients on your computer on Mac and you can use it on an iPhone or tablet. It’s very simple and straightforward.
However, Quip does have a lot of quirks and limitations that you need to work around them through. Sharing files with people outside of your organization is not possible. Documents or files that you create within quip are absolutely not ready for sharing with people outside your organization because of issues like formatting. In general there’s a lot of opportunity to improve quip from the user experience standpoint and from a functionality perspective as well. The only question is how does quip achieve all of this without becoming big in burdensome such as Evernote.
So phuqing sick
Recent release has nifty power ups for docs. I now can switch my Trello + Google Docs flow to one doc in quip. Coda, enjoy your $60M lunch while it lasts
Other great stuff:
* collaborative notifs when people open your doc and when people create docs in a shared space... shared context isn't just about sharing info but sharing context of when people engage on what topic
* shared folder space done well --Google Docs, please take notes...on Quip perhaps
* mobile app is very slick, delightful to take notes on it
* stupidly easy to share a doc in view only mode externally
* have a reasonably powerful formula-enabled spreadsheet inside a doc. Copy+past special as png can go to heII
* for anyone complaining about formatting feature parity with other doc editors... consider that their guard rails on formatting takes the cognitive load out of composing, which makes it easier for less graphically confident coworkers to be emboldened by the uniformity and therefore contribute more
Efficient, effective, smart, & functional!
Thank you Quip team for this wonderful app! It organizes, sync, and communicates documents beautifully across different devices/platforms. It is my go-to daily app, that captures small ideas to big ideas. An area of improvement that I would suggest is to create an ability within the app for split screen and/or multiple tabs viewing. This is incredible useful for editing two documents at once, or editing a document while viewing the other for reference. Keep up the good work!
- Quip, Inc.
- 58.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Quip
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.