By Plain Vanilla Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
QuizUp is an award winning multiplayer trivia game and fan community. QuizUp has been ranked as the App Store’s #1 app in 10 countries, including the USA and the UK.
On QuizUp you can compete with friends and/or any of the 25 million QuizUp players from all over the world, in exciting real-time trivia matches!
You can find over 400,000 questions in more than 550 topics, and new topics are added every week so you won’t have to worry about ever running out of trivia to test your knowledge on. Discover your specialities and take on opponents who share your interests, while learning new and interesting facts along the way.
- A huge variety of topics ranging from current pop culture to obscure scientific facts, and everything in between.
- Hundreds of specialised topics, allowing you to find what you’re truly passionate about and master it.
- Thousands of beautifully illustrated questions.
- Various educational topics for those who want to brush up on their vocabulary, spelling or foreign languages.
- A comprehensive overview of your stats, showing you how you’re doing in individual topics and categories.
- Fun and expressive titles and achievements to earn.
- So. Much. Fun.
- QuizUp rankings include monthly leaderboards, allowing newcomers to easily step up and take the lead in their favorite topics.
- Available in 6 languages.
*JOIN THE QUIZUP COMMUNITY*
- Chat about your favorite topics in community forums.
- Meet tons of new people who share your interests.
- Feel something is missing? You can submit your own topic suggestions and even apply to become a content contributor!
Explore QuizUp further by checking out our website: http://www.quizup.com
And don’t forget to follow us:
What's New in Version 1.3.6
+ Bug fixes and stability improvements!
Love this app, but it needs editing, and advantages players who stick to one topic.
This has quickly become my favorite app. Unlike a lot of quiz apps, the questions are genuinely challenging. And there are enough categories to choose from, whatever my mood at the moment.
But it needs a light editing. There are some misspellings and misused apostrophes ("it's" instead of "its," which drives me crazy).
Worse, in my opinion, are the repeated questions. Some categories apparently don't have enough questions for a high number of playing levels, so if you stick with one category for a while, you'll see a lot of repeated questions, learn the correct answers . . . and your accuracy and speed will improve and give you an advantage over other players who have less experience in the category. I feel that this is an unfair advantage.
If you don't place too much emphasis on stats that are skewed by the incidence of repeated questions, then you'll love this app. The many diverse categories provide as much material as you will want to amuse yourself as often as you want.
You will enjoy this app!
This app is great exercise for the brain and the ego. There are so many categories, you will not get bored...unless you stay on the same category, if that happens it was your choice and you can't blame the creator for that. Some reviewers have complained about having to compete against opponents that have been playing longer and have mastered the levels but they should realize that is part of the challenge and it's actually encouraging to see someone who has made it that far. You can get there too! So who cares if they know the answers. You can know them too after playing for a period of time. The app is a great tool for testing & confirming what you know but also for helping you learn what you don't. If you find yourself loosing to 'more experienced players', do not fret or give up. Instead dig in! Try to beat the clock versus your opponent. Work to increase your knowledge and your speed. Impress yourself with your growth. Most of all have FUN with it, it's just a game after all!
Entertaining with a few minor flaws
I love that I can use this app for quick mini breaks for my brain; I will play a round or two when I need to focus on non-work and scanning the news headlines is too depressing.
1) For some quizzes, the pictures are essential while for other types of quizzes they are completely misleading. It would be nice to have a little warning before the start, but I suppose after you play around or two you come to that realization on your own.
2) It would be nice to have a immediate post-quiz feedback mechanism when you encounter an incorrect answer, as has happened a couple of times. Even if it were just a quick flagging feature so that someone could come through and review for errors?
3) Yes as others have noted there's an occasional crash during the quiz, but what do you expect when you're theoretically playing people around the world?
All in all, this is a very addictive, entertaining quiz app.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 28, 2014
- Version: 1.3.6
- Size: 42.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Plain Vanilla Corp
- © Plain Vanilla Corp
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Quadruple XP$5.99
- Double XP$1.99
- Triple XP$3.99