By Pakistan Data Management Services
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Quran Majeed is an amazing Quran app that beautifies your life with the blessing of reading and listening to the Quran on your Mac. The latest version of the authentic Quran Majeed app for Apple Macintosh offers complete Quran in the elegant Uthmanic script proofread by a Muslim scholar ('alim), multiple audio recitations and translations.
● World famous reciters (Sheikh Abdul Basit, Sheikh As Sudays & As Shraym, Mishari Rashid, Saad Al Ghamdi, Abu Bakr Shatry, Sheikh Ahmed Ajmi, Sheikh Al-Huzaifi, Sheikh Mahir-al-Muayqali, Sheikh Minshawi, Sheikh Ayub, Khalil Husari, Mahmood AlBana, Salah Bukhatir & Sheikh Basfar).
● Four English translations (Pickthal, Dr. Mohsin, Mahmood & Yusuf Ali) and forty-five language translations (AlBanian, Amazigh, Amharic, Azerbaijani, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Divehi, Dutch, French, German, Hausa, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam, Malaysian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sindhi, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Tartar, Turkish, Urdu, Uyghur, Uzbek).
● Highly advanced “Search” feature that can help with searching any word (search exact word, affixes or all roots) in the Arabic text, any of the translations & tafsir/commentary.
● Advanced audio options to help with memorization (repetition of ayah, Surah, number of repetitions, interval, and recitation speed).
● Bookmarking of Aya and translation (supports iCloud synchronization that helps your bookmarks stay up to date on all your iOS and Mac devices).
● Quranic Aya and word highlighting during recitation.
● Social media sharing. Ability to share selected aya via email, twitter & Facebook.
● Beautiful Uthmanic script scalable font.
● Translation audio (English & Urdu)
● Beautiful Urdu Nastaliq scalable font for Urdu translation
● Sura and Juz index
● Trackpad's Pinch/zoom feature for changing font size
● Fast audio playback through robust download method with progress icon
● Light green colored ayah marking to show downloaded audio
For more information please visit http://www.pakdata.com/products/quran-majeed-mac
Complete Arabic text and English translation has been proof-read by a Muslim scholar ('alim).
What's New in Version 2.0
◉ Added Indopak Quran font (selectable from File menu => Preferences)
◉ Added English Tafsir Usmani
Misleading and offensive footnotes!
I would give this otherwise excellent app 5 stars, but when I opened the first Sura, I read footnote 7b which states, “The Jews are among those 'who have earned the wrath of Allah,' and the Christians, as a class, are described as' those who have gone astray.’” This statement is highly offensive to Jews and Christians, and is not part of the Quran or its explication. Rather it is a retrojection of someone’s current (jihadist?) political bias back into the interpretation of the sacred text that was revealed 1400 years ago.
Note to Pakdata: In future editions, please limit footnotes to explanations of Arabic terms and the historical context of the revelation, rather than injecting comments meant to abuse the Quran as a “proof-text” for 21st century conflicts. The late Maulana Muhammad Ali did an excellent job in his footnotes, and sets an example which you could well follow.
I love it but can you please
I love this app but can you please add the english translation of Muhammad Asad and Urdu translation of Maudodi as they are comparatively very accessible to a person like me.
Great, simple, and clear. Nothing much to say only if Tajweed (colours) can be added to it then it would be 5 stars