By RØDE Microphones
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.46
This update improves support for Dropbox.
Works great until it doesn't
loved it ! used it to record many things on my iphone 6, then upgraded to 6s and now no matter what settings i try, turning on and off deleting the app hard reseting my phone it no longer reads from my built in input microphone, only my headphones :(
No support / no way for feedback.
$200 down the drain. When did actually work, the recordings were incredible. This was a very short run. Would not work with a new were iPhone.
NOT a professional audio solution.
My experience with this app has been incredibly frustrating.
Before you read, just go ahead and purchase the RodeLink if you want reliable lavalier audio.
The issue with this app has nothing to do with its ability to record audio- it does that VERY well. Everything else about it reeks of a half-baked product.
For instance, you cannot export files that are larger than 600MB. It’s not just that you can’t export them, you cannot access them whatsoever through any means. The app physically cannot handle it, and will crash every time no matter what kind of device you’re using.
This is on top of the repeated non-fixes Rode has issued to try and correct its connectivity with Dropbox. The idea is good, being able to directly send files to your Dropbox account. It worked fine until a major update about 3-4 months ago, and doesn’t work at all now.
The file menu also no longer functions correctly, and doesn’t list all of your files. You can search for them and find them through the search bar, but if you don’t remember what you titled something you’re gonna be out of luck.
Altogether Rode doesn’t seem to maintain this app well, and it has let me down many times on professional shoots.
This is not to mention that if you receive a text or a call while recording, it completely stops the recording. For no reason. And I can’t find a way to turn that off other than to just put the phone in airplane mode.
Just stay away and do what Rode really wants you to do by providing subpar service on this app- buy the RodeLink.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 2.9.46
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2017 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.