RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
This update improves support for Dropbox.
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to record on iPhone 6s
I was unable to record on my iPhone 6s until I played around with it enough to finally get it working. I deleted the app, then shut down the phone and left it off for a minute. Restarted and then did a hard reset. Off for another minute. Restarted again then shut down again. Off again for a minute and then started again. Downloaded the app fresh from the app store. Then I played around with the preferences in the Settings app for Røde Rec by killing the app, turning microphone access off, then I started the app and created a new recording. Killed the app. Allow microphone access again in Settings app. Restart Røde Rec again. Delete original recording. Create new recording and somehow it now works. It really shouldn’t be this buggy for what they charge for it though IMHO.
Works very well on iPhone 6S
I was concerned when I was looking for a microphone to record audio for my video. (The on camera mic for my well-loved Nikon D5300 wouldn't cut it for my needs.) The reviews of this app scared the daylights out of me but...I bought it anyway. Though I haven't played with the EQ settings yet, I'm VERY happy to report I didn't have _ANY_ problems getting my iPhone 6S to run the app, get audio right away (it _does_ ask for access to the phone's built-in mic port-which is the earpiece port) and export the audio a few different ways. Maybe I was fortunate to get updates that weren't available to previous reviewers. No fears, no worries on my end. Looks like a great app that will work very, very well for me!
How can RODE sell such a defective app?
I read all the critical reviews, ignored a two star ranking and bought this relatively expensive app only to experience the same issues App wont scale down for iphone which means that critical information like your settings and the recordings IP address will run off the screen and you can’t see them Couldnt find a way to simply air drop my file as in Griffin's iTalk, which i love.
i am forced into this app only to deal with the smart lav's overpowering gain that ruins my recordings in other apps. We should not have to delete, reload, etc a paid app from a major player like RODE. I guess the thing that bugs me most is the company's lack of response to loyal customers suffering through these issues for years now.
- FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- 33.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2017 RØDE Microphones
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.