RØDE Rec LE
By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec LE, an introductory version of its professional audio recording app, RØDE Rec.
RØDE Rec LE gives you the opportunity to trial the core elements of RØDE Rec free of charge, with the ability to upgrade at any time to access the complete professional feature set of the full app.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 44.1kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• Live input monitoring
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, AIFF, and CAF
• Direct publish to SoundCloud
• Upload via FTP
Upgrade to the full version of RØDE Rec to access all the features, including:
• Output in extended formats including MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Preset recording profiles for a range of common situations (lecture, concert, interview and more)
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Non linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
• Direct publish to Dropbox
• Extended SoundCloud Functionality
What's New in Version 2.9.42
1. Fixes 88/96k recording/replay application hanging issue.
2. Fixes crashes after saving/exporting a file.
Not worth the effort
I will preface this by saying I am a professional sound man for indie films and documentaries. A friend loaned me a Rode Smartlav mic to play with as he hadn't managed to get it to work and thought I might could do better. Well, I was hopeful.
I downloaded the Rode Rec Le app because it's the only one available from them and it's free (unlike the upgrade that supposedly has features that should be included in this one like low cut filter and Eq). This app has been tailored for their new stereo mic that clips onto the phone and DOES NOT WORK FOR CRAP with the lav. Just like the previous reviewer said, half the time it doesn't know the lav is plugged in, which turns on the phone's mic and activates iOS processing, which then screws settings up when it finally does (seemingly randomly) acknowledge the lav is there. The levels have to be cranked to get any noticeable recording - I actually had to yell into the mic to get a waveform to appear.
In short, this app is awful, useless, and should be an embarrassment to Rode. Don't waste your time. If you've gotten a Rode lav and are about to download this app for it, just stop now, return it and buy a cheap recorder and a decent wired lavaliere to plug into it. Zoom, Tascam, Countryman, Shure... Much better investments.
Works not sure what all the fuss is about?
Hello fellow music and recording fanatics! I have the Røde stereo mic. I am still debating whether I actually need the paid version, but I was able to record a test and play it back with absolute ease at 96KHz (and I still think it is incredible to have such power on my phone now). I also was able to set it up quite easily on Garageband which recognizes it automatically - if you click on what looks like an icon of a quarter inch plug in the top left corner of the recorder section (i.e. After adding it as an instrument/track) you merely switch into stereo mode, and presto stereo. I doubt it's doing 96Khz via GarageBand and no options are given for changing the bitrate. What other free apps would be recommended in place of the paid version of this? This LE edition works like a charm, but reviewers said there were better free apps without specifying. Thanks in advance! Hope this review helped
Too many "upgrade" interruptions to use
I'm a media professional, and I was looking for a professional audio recording app. I assumed a company like Røde would be a safe bet, but after seeing the bad reviews of the full version I decided to try this out first. The constant push to upgrade to the paid version makes this pretty much useless. I don't have any alternatives to recommend, but don't waste your time on this.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 2.9.42
- Size: 9.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2014 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.