RØDE Rec LE
By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Please note that we have identified an issue with the latest RODE Rec releases (full and LE version) in regards to converting and exporting large (over 2GB) files which can cause the app to unexpectedly exit during the operation. All of the recorded information is still stored on the device so if you run into this problem please contact us and we can help retrieve the data. Our engineers have identified the cause of the issue and are urgently preparing an updated version which should be available soon.
If you do experience this, or any other problem with the app, please contact our support team at http://www.rodemic.com/contact – we can’t correct any bugs that we aren’t aware of.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec LE, an introductory version of its professional audio recording app, RØDE Rec.
RØDE Rec LE gives you the opportunity to trial the core elements of RØDE Rec free of charge, with the ability to upgrade at any time to access the complete professional feature set of the full app.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 44.1kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• Live input monitoring
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, AIFF, and CAF
• Direct publish to SoundCloud
• Upload via FTP
Upgrade to the full version of RØDE Rec to access all the features, including:
• Output in extended formats including MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Preset recording profiles for a range of common situations (lecture, concert, interview and more)
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Non linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
• Direct publish to Dropbox
• Extended SoundCloud Functionality
What's New in Version 2.8.1
Improved iXY compatibility for iOS7
I bought the Rode lavalier mic and downloaded Rode Rec LE to record lectures I give at a small public university. I’m using an iPhone 4S with the most current iOS. The app and the mic worked fine, at first. Then a couple of times I noticed that I only captured 20-40 seconds of my lecture. I tested it… hitting “record” and watching and sure enough after 5-10 seconds it just stopped. I contacted support who asked me many questions but could only offer that I try removing and reinstalling the app. This is really quite unacceptable because I bought the mic and app to work as a package. If the app stops recording (randomly) it’s useless because reliability is essential. I don’t get a 2nd chance to record a live lecture.
After an intense search for a successor of the BlueFire app, I realized its reincarnation is Røde rec - solid as the origin, simple and 90% fitting to my needs... cannot verify the minus-reviews of other users. I ran it on an iphone 4s@7 and On an IPadMini@6... made large test recordings of >1hour. Works.
The last star remains for separate input channel volume control.
The app is one of the few ones which allows for stereo rec via usb! I use it for tape recording digital conversions: perfect! Worth to bye the full version.
One Job To Do...
I don't have or use additional recording hardware on my iPhone 5s.
If you you are only recording a few minutes on each file, the app works fine. It is a little bit annoying that you need to export the recording into another format to transfer.
My main issue is that the app is unable to export a 1.5 hour lecture, every time I try to access it or export the app crashes. I think the only way I can do this is to transfer in realtime via audio cable which is less than ideal. Not the type of quality you would expect from a professional audio company.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 29, 2013
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2013 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.