By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.42
1. Fixes 88/96k recording/replay application hanging issue.
2. Fixes crashes after saving/exporting a file.
Great mic buggy app.
This app is a reincarnation of the FiRE app by audio labs. Seems like the same company because the app is identical. The only thing is that one called Rode Rec is more buggy. Plus the formatting on the iPad is complete messed up. The problem with FiRE was that it didn't get updated to newer phones and iOS I think this is also another dead app. I had many features that I like. I hope to either find a competent alternative or that they will work on the bugs in this one. But it seems hopeless.
Great mic terrible software
Yikes super buggy. There are better apps as of 2/4/15 that can do a better job and in most cases for free. If you plan to charge for an app at least make an effort to make it reliable. At the moment the mic cannot record anything through the software and sometimes doesn't recognize it. I don't seem to have a problem of the mic being recognized by third party apps. For shame for charging us top dollar for a buggy app. For shame.
Disappointing, buggy, and costs $6
A little too buggy for professionals. I was able to crash it just by unplugging the mic. You would think rode would put the same effort into this app that they put into their pro grade products. I would give this app 4.5/5 if it didn't crash. This app needs an update soon if they want to take any more of my money.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 2.9.42
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2014 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.