By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.42
1. Fixes 88/96k recording/replay application hanging issue.
2. Fixes crashes after saving/exporting a file.
App cripples excellent mic
After returning my first, defective iXY mic, I was happy to be able to do stereo recordings on the move without having to haul around a separate recorder like a Zoom. (And the included mics on those recorders are not as good as the iXY). Imagine how disappointed I was to find out that NONE of the file transfer methods provided by the software work, I have an older iPhone 4 which I had hoped to hang onto and keep as my dedicated portable recorder when I upgrade to my next iPhone, but … FTP transfers time out with larger files, the so-called "file sharing" option provides an IP address that just returns an error message when I try to access it with my MacBook Pro, and I don't have an email account associated with my phone (deliberately -- I don't want to have email with me all day everywhere I go!). So now my recordings are stuck on the phone. I'm looking for substitute software that can transfer the files. What a piece of crap.
App makes Rode iXY mic unusable
Using iPhone 6 and the Rode iXY mic, the app takes forever to do anything - if it doesn’t crash first. It takes about 8 sec to get from selecting a recording to be able to even record. Once you hit the record button, it takes about 10 sec to start recording. Then when you stop, it takes about 8 seconds to let you record again. I can’t think of a situation where this wouldn’t be infuriating and a complete waste of time. I should have checked the reviews before buying this app.
Without the iXY mic tho, the program seems to work just fine, no extended delayed responses – except that the iPhone’s built-in mic is leagues beneath the quality of the Rode mic.
does not work with smartlav+
I'm really sad and disappointed I purchased a smartlav+ and this app in the hopes of getting better audio on some of my videos...
Unfortunately many times while recording with the rode Rec and the Smartlav+, the mic would activate Siri (or voice command of Siri is disabled) and stop recording with. I warning what so ever.
This was very frustrating since 99% of the time it meant starting over at the end of long takes after realizing no sound was recorded...
If I talked for 20 minutes it could literally freeze and fail a minute in, making the next 19 minutes a waist of time...
Unfortunately there is just no way to trust this combination. I and would highly suggest that people stay away from both...
I really feel like I got ripped off on both ends, the smartlav doesn't have very good sound quality to begin with, but the rode rec app is supposed to help over come some of its limitations...
Unfortunately this voice/siri activation bug is a total show stopper
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 2.9.42
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2014 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.