By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.42
1. Fixes 88/96k recording/replay application hanging issue.
2. Fixes crashes after saving/exporting a file.
Unreliable and just not worth the trouble
I bought this app and two Rode Smartlav mics for a work project. We were recording HD video from a camera (without a microphone) and audio from the app on my iphone 6. For some reason, even though the microphone was plugged in properly, the app would not recognize my Rode mic and only attempted to use the iphone mic. I didn't notice this and how terrible the sound quality was until post-production when it was already too late to re-record. We downloaded the app on a coworker's iphone 5S and it dynamically recognized the mic as soon as it was plugged in/unplugged. I tried re-installing the app on my phone and scoured the internet for a fix but found nothing. Bottom line: if you're going to charge $6 for an app, it should work evenly across all devices unless otherwise notated. I could get passed the buggy little glitches and crashes, but this unacceptable and a waste of money until they fix these types of issues
App cripples excellent mic
After returning my first, defective iXY mic, I was happy to be able to do stereo recordings on the move without having to haul around a separate recorder like a Zoom. (And the included mics on those recorders are not as good as the iXY). Imagine how disappointed I was to find out that NONE of the file transfer methods provided by the software work, I have an older iPhone 4 which I had hoped to hang onto and keep as my dedicated portable recorder when I upgrade to my next iPhone, but … FTP transfers time out with larger files, the so-called "file sharing" option provides an IP address that just returns an error message when I try to access it with my MacBook Pro, and I don't have an email account associated with my phone (deliberately -- I don't want to have email with me all day everywhere I go!). So now my recordings are stuck on the phone. I'm looking for substitute software that can transfer the files. What a piece of crap.
Nice interface, too bad it’s dangerously unreliable
1. I recorded an incredibly important interview in the free Rec LE version (using the fabulous Blue Mikey) that I wanted to back up to Dropbox immediately. It said to buy the paid version for Dropbox support, among other features.
That’s perfectly fair, and I did.
Except that you can’t transfer recordings from the free version to the paid version - not on the iPhone, nor even via iTunes on a Mac. Worse, you can’t transfer files into either the paid or free versions. You can copy them in, but they’re not seen by the app.
2. The paid version flat out doesn’t work on an iPhone 6 Plus, and it usually doesn’t work on an iPhone Air 2. Both are running iOS 9.1.
3. I like the interface, ignoring its lack of an RTZ (return to zero) button.
Summary: Røde is making a mistake lending its name to this unreliable app, with its embarrassingly inadequate export/import functions and deceptive sales promises (unwitting or not).
I’m happy to pay the $6 for the free version, which does work reliably even though it lacks credible import/export functions. But I resent having voted for this truly awful paid version with my money.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 2.9.42
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2014 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.