By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.42
1. Fixes 88/96k recording/replay application hanging issue.
2. Fixes crashes after saving/exporting a file.
does not work with smartlav+
I'm really sad and disappointed I purchased a smartlav+ and this app in the hopes of getting better audio on some of my videos...
Unfortunately many times while recording with the rode Rec and the Smartlav+, the mic would activate Siri (or voice command of Siri is disabled) and stop recording with. I warning what so ever.
This was very frustrating since 99% of the time it meant starting over at the end of long takes after realizing no sound was recorded...
If I talked for 20 minutes it could literally freeze and fail a minute in, making the next 19 minutes a waist of time...
Unfortunately there is just no way to trust this combination. I and would highly suggest that people stay away from both...
I really feel like I got ripped off on both ends, the smartlav doesn't have very good sound quality to begin with, but the rode rec app is supposed to help over come some of its limitations...
Unfortunately this voice/siri activation bug is a total show stopper
Working sweet for me
March 15 with the latest iOS and this app has caused me no problem at all. I think it includes the ability to do a lot with editing the audio. No bug problems yet. I’m using it on an iPhone 5 with no sim, so its being used as a dedicated recorder. Perhaps Rode has addressed some of the issues that I read in these reviews. And…let’s face it…its a great value for 6 bucks.
Great mic buggy app.
This app is a reincarnation of the FiRE app by audio labs. Seems like the same company because the app is identical. The only thing is that one called Rode Rec is more buggy. Plus the formatting on the iPad is complete messed up. The problem with FiRE was that it didn't get updated to newer phones and iOS I think this is also another dead app. I had many features that I like. I hope to either find a competent alternative or that they will work on the bugs in this one. But it seems hopeless.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 02, 2015
- Version: 2.9.42
- Size: 8.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2014 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.