By RØDE Microphones
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec, the definitive audio recording app for iPhone and iPod touch.
RØDE Rec combines professional features with an intuitive interface, making it easy to record, edit and publish broadcast-quality audio directly from your iOS device.
Featuring real-time waveforms, a suite of non-linear editing capabilities and powerful EQ and gain controls, RØDE Rec is the only field recorder you'll ever need.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Batch export of files
• MP3 export
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Live input monitoring
• Complete control of the iXY microphone, including high pass filter and LED behaviour
COMPLETE EDITING TOOLS
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Landscape mode provides greater visibility when editing
• Non-linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
ONE TOUCH PUBLISHING
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• Export direct to computer via iTunes or a web browser
• Direct publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox
• Upload via FTP
What's New in Version 2.9.43
This update of RØDE Rec fixes a wide range of issues and bugs, including improved performance, stability and compatibility with iOS 9 and the iPhone 6s and 6 Plus.
Works great, why all the bad reviews?
The app works great and allows you to record and control your recordings with many options and output formats. It's working great for me (iPhone 6, iOS 10.x). I've used it with the iPhone's built in mic as well as a wired Lab and a Röde Video Mic with very good results. It allows you to vary your gains and boost, apply filters to minimize hiss and even shape the sound a bit, like making it warmer or brighter sounding.
Pros: it gives you the basics of a professional field recorder without having to carry one. The app capabilities are very good.
Cons: the app interface is... ummmm, challenged. It is poorly designed from a usability standpoint, but works. It's just quirky and a bit dated, but it is easy enough to use. Example, on the record screen it shows you a live levels gauge, this is great so you can avoid clipping and set your gains appropriately. The issue, to set those levels you go to another screen and the live levels disappear. Really Röde? That type of thing.
There are some settings that can make your internal mic not function, but going back into the app and changing those brought everything back to normal - but I could see this confusing some people. Easy to correct though.
Overall, an excellent app and field recorder, great features albeit with a poorly designed user interface. The results I e achieved on voice overs and narrations have been excellent, as well as on the fly field recording. Highly recommended.
LE version will at least record. Don't bother with this junk. It fails to ask for (and therefore get) access to the internal mic.
Just installed the rode rec app on my iPhone 6s and it doesn't work Disappointed in the money I lost. Should have read reviews before purchasing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 15, 2016
- Version: 2.9.43
- Size: 17.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- © 2012-2016 RØDE Microphones
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.