The RaceCloud App is part of the three component Live Telemetry for Go Karting.
Go karting drivers, race engineers, mechanics and fans are empowered with the latest technology for live monitoring of the driver and kart’s performance on the racing track.
The App is designed to work only with the Live Telemetry Hardware (Go Kart BUNDLE) and subscription to Cloud services (free trial available). Check www.racecloud.net for details. You can check the built-in Demo, showing all the Analysis and Live features from the standard subscription level.
Save time on the track - the session data is automatically uploaded to the cloud and available on your iPad immediately. No need for the traditional memory sticks, no more running around with a laptop.
• Session Data Securely Stored in the Cloud
--Access to Race Tracks database--
• More than 1800 Pre-Defined Tracks and more added every day
• Real time data stream from your RaceCloud Go Kart Bundle
• Lap and Split times
• Analogue & digital readings for RPM, engine temperature and exhaust gas temperature
• Precise racing line
• Exact kart geo positioning on track
• Sector markings on track
• Lateral G-force
• Steering wheel angle
• Lap times histogram
• Switch from everywhere in the application - just rotate to portrait
• Easiest tool to analyse your racing data
• View sensor readings for each spot on the track
• Compare sensor data and racing line from two laps or sessions
• Time vs Time analysis to identify where you can go faster
• Compare by position or by time
• Compare to compare any two sensors - Speed, RPM, Engine Temperature, ...
• Histogram showing lap/sector times and differences plus min/max readings of RPM and temperature
• RPM analysis to help with gear ratio adjustments
• Engine temperature analysis
• Steering wheel angle analysis
• Theoretical Best Lap
• Race Setup history
• Weather conditions (temperature and pressure) as recorded by the RaceCloud Go Kart Weather Station in the session
• Define your kart equipment.
• Input all settings of your kart components.
• Manage up to four engines per chassis.
• Input the changes you make to the kart for every session
• View recorded sessions race setups so you can recall the optimal settings
• Input chassis settings, engine settings, tyre pressure and so on
• Get carburettor jetting suggestions, based on the current RaceCloud Go Kart Weather Station readings
(requires Academy subscription)
• Co-Driver mode - Just put all the brake/turn in/transition/acceleration points in the iOS app that you want your driver to follow. They will be indicated for every point on the track by the RaceCloud Bundle Display while driving. Fastest way to achieving the perfect racing line!
• Maintenance Timers - You will be notified every time there's something to check (lubricate the chain, change your engine's piston, etc,). Just use the pre-defined default timers or even input your own. The RaceCloud Bundle will automatically calculate the real usage of the kart and engine by tracking the sessions and racing hours.
• Advanced Analysis - G-Force, Steering Wheel Angle, Break and Turn-in points have never been easier to read. Plotted over the driving line for a revolutionary approach to fast and easy understanding of the information. No more scrolling charts - quick glance and you will know if the driver is breaking too early, cornering too late, oversteering, understeering or if the kart setup needs improvement.
(requires Team subscriptions)
Pair multiple Go Kart Bundles to your team and compare sessions between the drivers. Track the maintenance of all your karts. Easy switch karts directly from the live telemetry screen with a simple swipe. All that from a single account!
Added support for EGT/CHT
Tap on the gauges on the Live screen to customise what readings you see
We have also made some internal improvements for better stability and faster experience
Ratings and Reviews
An App from The Clouds
This app is definitely on the right track! Many important elements are catered to, the app makes it very easy to input all necessary information about setup and then store them for later as references.
The crew at Racecloud quickly responds to any comments that you might have as a user, they are respond and they take action quickly to make your learning curve easier.
Bare in mind that the app is still brand new, so there are teething issues, but it’s obvious that the boys at racecloud are very active and determined to make this work in the best possible way.
Hopefully they will make the data accessible on more platforms than just the iPad. In short, it’s a great value for money, many other companies can provide the same data, but for now Racecloud seems to have done it a very streamlined way both in terms of hardware and software.
Could be the challenge for data logging devices
Telemetry for go karting - wow, am I exhilarated? I can’t wait to see how this works in real-life situations on the track and in the paddock. Some of the data displayed in the app (g-force, steering wheel angle) is available only for high-end data loggers on the market. Saving the trouble to download files from the memory of a data logger earns a lot of good points in my book.
Looks promising and I say promising because this app is not the whole deal.
As someone involved in karting I am happy someone looks in the direction of delivering a telemetry to this sport.
Still, it is not all you need in order to work, you have to buy hardware and connect it to the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.