By Racer Media & Marketing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RACER is a premium motorsports publication known for its beautiful images and timeless stories. RACER’s mission is to create compelling high-quality content that reflects the full spectrum of racing’s vibrant culture and passionate way of life. It’s a magazine that takes readers behind the scenes of the sport with an authentic voice that conveys the values, beliefs and competitive mindset of those who create global racing on a daily basis.
- Published by racers for racers
- Fast cars
- Legendary drivers
- Great stories
- Spectacular images
- The finest motorsports writers and photographers
- Columns and insider features written by professional racers
- Replica format, just like the acclaimed print edition
- Text-formatted articles designed for maximum readability
- Download an issue, then return any time for offline reading
The RACER app provides access to a full-version digital edition of the magazine. Single issues are only $4.99 (print edition is $8.95). An auto-renewing subscription is only $19.99 for one year (8 issues).
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.
What's New in Version 6.4
-Optimized performance for better, faster reading experience.
-New library page allows for more issues and easier access.
-Improved performance across all devices, including iPhone5.
Works well. Could be better.
This reader needs A LOT of work. Load times are painfully slow. Resolution is really low (which makes the slow load times all that much more confusing). App is full of bugs. For example. Pull up the table of contents for a particular issue (which can take a lifetime), select a specific page, and you're served up a black screen, so the only way to jump to that article is to swipe page-by-page through the entire magazine.
Worse, even after you download an issue, it's extremely slow to load up whenever you go back to it. And the app has a nasty habit of automatically zooming back out on you after you've zoomed in to read some text as soon as you touch the page to try and scroll down.
Finally, the resolution is just downright terrible. Even the text is ultra low res. This great magazine deserves better. It's pretty clear this wasn't ready for prime time yet. With all of the excellent magazine apps out there, it seems like these guys tried to reinvent the wheel without knowing what they were doing. Probably should have relied on Pixelmags or Zinio until they could get their own bugs ironed out.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jul 03, 2013
- Version: 6.4
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Racer Media and Marketing, Inc.
- © 2013 GTxcel, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- RACER Magazine Subscription$19.99
- CHEVROLET 2014$4.99
- RACER Magazine - December 2012$4.99
- RACER Magazine - October 2012$4.99
- RACER Magazine - January 2013$4.99
- RACER Magazine - June 2013$4.99
- RACER Magazine - August 2012 $4.99
- RACER Magazine - September 2013$4.99
- RACER Magazine - June 2012 $4.99
- RACER Magazine - July 2013$4.99