By NBC News Digital, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MSNBC's app makes it easy to watch your favorite MSNBC shows – including Morning Joe, The Rachel Maddow Show, and Hardball with Chris Matthews – at any time, wherever you are.
Watch MSNBC live on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Or, if you missed a show, you can catch recent full episodes. It's MSNBC your way, in your hands.
With the MSNBC app, you can watch:
• MSNBC live: Stream live episodes of your favorite prime-time shows as they air, and watch breaking news as it happens. Catch up with the latest political stories and news in real time.
• On-demand full episodes of your favorite shows, including:
The Rachel Maddow Show
Hardball with Chris Matthews
The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell
All in with Chris Hayes
Up with Steve Kornacki
Caught on Camera
• Your own Watchlist: Save your favorite episodes for later on your personalized Watchlist. When you add shows to your Watchlist, you can view them at whatever time is convenient and never miss a story or episode.
• To watch live TV and full episodes for free on the app, log in using your account with a cable or satellite TV provider. Dozens of providers – including most major ones – participate.
What's New in Version 3.4.0
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Better than not watching
I have watched TRMS for as long as there was an app. Ever since it rolled into the MSNBC app it has taken longer to see the shows and the time they remain up is limited. I'm really aggravated when the Friday show isn't up by Monday morning. I generally try to watch the previous night's show in the morning. I don't understand the inconsistency in getting them up. For the last two days it has said "no content available - check back later." They don't seem to have a problem taking down the old shows. Why the delay in putting up he new ones? I also wish there were some way to see archived shows. Also, I have had trouble with the app freezing and having to delete the app and reinstall. I like the MSNBC lineup for the most part. Just wish it were easier and more consistent.
I have read the reviews that were negative on this app and believe them, however for myself I can tell you it works seamlessly. I am mainly using an iPad 6 when accessing the app and the interface and graphics work flawlessly. The live stream is crystal clear and you can go back and watch past programs. The only complaint but I would have is that the past programs aren't always available. Meaning, there may only be one show uploaded to programs queue or perhaps none at all. So if I want to go back and watch Thursdays episode of TRMS on Saturday; I could very well be out of luck.
I have 300 meg/sec. Internet service with Time Warner in So. Cal.
What's nice is that you can stream this live to your Apple TV from your I Pad or other similar devices in full blown 1080p which is not available with Time Warner cable TV services yet. When you display the stream on a 1080p or 4K display the picture is stunning. But don't try this if you cannot download at least 30 meg/ sec or it will buffer.
Great stable app!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 21, 2016
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 74.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBC News Digital, LLC
- © 2013-2015 NBC News Digital
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.