By NBC News Digital, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MSNBC's brand new app is the only app where you can watch all your favorite MSNBC shows, including The Rachel Maddow Show, The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell and Hardball with Chris Matthews.
For the first time, you can watch MSNBC live on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, as it happens on air. Or, if you missed a show, you can catch recent full episodes and video clips on demand.
With this free MSNBC app, you can also go behind the scenes with exclusive stories and video from the biggest shows on MSNBC.
It's MSNBC your way, in your hands.
With the MSNBC app you can:
• MSNBC live: For the first time with the MSNBC app, you can stream live episodes of your favorite primetime shows as they air, and watch breaking news as it happens from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can catch up with the latest political stories and news in real time, free with your MSNBC subscription through participating providers.
• Full episodes of your favorite shows: Watch full episodes of your favorite MSNBC shows on-demand including The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell, The Rachel Maddow Show, All in with Chris Hayes, Hardball with Chris Matthews, Politics Nation with Rev. Al Sharpton, and Up with Steve Kornacki. Full episodes are free with your MSNBC subscription through participating providers.
• Exclusive MSNBC stories and free video clips: Be in the know. Stay connected to everything you love about all of MSNBC’s shows. Not only can you watch your favorite shows on the go, you can read their blogs and dig deeper on the stories and issues that matter to you. Go behind the scenes with exclusive video content, and watch bite-sized clips.
• Personalize and create your own Watchlist: Make it your own MSNBC. Create a customized Watchlist and catch up on your favorite MSNBC shows whenever you want, or save your favorite episodes for later. Watchlists make it easy to keep up with MSNBC wherever you are, at whatever time is convenient, so you never miss a story or show.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
This was once the best gateway to MSNBC programming online but has become a wasteland of never ending ads. I was a daily viewer who watched at least 3 hours a day. Now, It is rare That I will/can watch more than a segment or two. The problems are always with the ads. Ad revenue is essential but advertisers will soon learn that no one is watching anymore once glitchy ads start. I just give up now. I can see maybe one segment before an ad starts, freezes, 30 seconds becomes 8 minutes and the ad is still frozen. Reset the app and you start watching the end of the same segment, goes to commercial, freezes again.
This is, amazingly, even worse than the MSNBC website. The website does the exact same thing except the commercials play to completion and your segment never starts. Or the commercial starts, freezes and you must interact by pressing play repeatedly to help it limp to the end. Segment still never plays. MSNBC better improve or will die in this tech age when every other news organization has a better site/app. The only way to get the programming to start agin is to click on the commercial and go to the advertiser's website. Isn't it strange that everything runs smoothly after that - until the next ad. There are only so many visits to the GE or AMEX a website. I have actually begun to blame the ads for my frustrations and grown to resent the advertisers. Maybe they should consider that .
Used to LOVE it!!!!
I, like a lot of the users of this app, think it is CRAP! I downloaded the app because I love the evening lineup and I am not able to get cable where I live. When I first downloaded the app it worked great... then just like everyone else began experiencing the glitchy ads followed by the sign in with your cable provider to watch the full show.
I then just mainly watched the clips and was happy with that (the shows are great!!!) because I would just carry my phone around in the morning while I got ready for work (laptop is too bulky to take to each room). BUT one by one each of my favorites began to slowly not update the clips for weeks in end (Rachel Maddow still only allows the clips from her man-cave episode from before the elections) and sometimes there was only a choice for clips! This all started the night of the elections.
And let me just say for those of us living in rural America who are NOT loyal Fox News watchers... If we had cable we wouldn't need the app!!!! Get it together please.. I am not one for people losing their jobs but SOMEBODY dropped the ball!!!! Please fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Works for me!
I use this app to watch the live feed of Morning Joe on my iPad every day when I'm getting ready and I think it's pretty nice. I signed into my cable account once when I downloaded the app and that was it. The video streams in HD, and although it has the occasional hiccup and/or freeze from time to time, on the whole it's worked really well for me. I don't really use it to watch past episodes so I can't really comment on that, but if you're interested in having access to live news from your iOS devices, this app works well for that.
Now I just wish MSNBC's web site worked as well for live streaming - for the life of me I can't get it to work with Safari on Yosemite.
Also - I would LOVE for this app to come to the Apple TV like the CNBC app. That would be excellent!! Fingers crossed that will happen soon...
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 26, 2014
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBC News Digital, LLC
- © 2013 NBC News Digital
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.