Radar Cast Elite - NOAA Hi-Def FutureCast, Push Notifications, Driving Directions, Lightning Strikes & Weather
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Know what weather is coming your way with future-cast technology, allowing you to see hi-def radar and anticipated conditions one hour into the future. Instantly know when it’s about to rain or snow with push-notifications to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
The Only App That…
- Shows hi-def animated past, current and future-radar in a single continuous sequence on a fluid responsive map without having to press a single button
- Can instantly show predicted rain/snow start/stop times for any point on the map
- Allows you to control the loop speed and choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes to 1 hour
- Automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen
- Stunning hi-def and fast loading radar
- FutureCast radar for up to 60 minutes in the future
- Push-Notification for when it’s about to rain or snow at a bookmarked location
**- TurnCast – weather based GPS driving directions
- Hourly forecast for the next 24 hours, as well as 5 day forecast for any location
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Easily send radar screenshots via email or social media
- See weather forecast, severe weather warning boxes, storm direction arrows, hurricane forecast tracks, wildfires, & current drought severity on the same map
- Get fast support from within the app
- If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam. Also, push-notifications for rain will not work reliably in Hawaii, Guam and Alaska. Aviation Sectional Charts are not available for Hawaii.
This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
What's New in Version 3.0
Finally! This update brings a ton of new features, all packaged in a great design. You need a trusted ally during severe weather season, and this is it.
A sampling of whats been added:
- RadarCast on Apple Watch with Rain Notifications!
- Today Screen Widget that shows a map with Radar or Cloud coverage, Current Conditions, Temperature, and Warnings, all without having to unlock the phone
- Hourly forecast for the next 24 hours
- Swipe through forecasts for all your bookmarked locations
- On screen temperature & conditions display for either your current or bookmarked home location
- Live pressure for current location on devices with a barometer sensor
- Live GPS (speed, altitude, direction) display on the map as you are moving about!
- Beautiful, customized backgrounds for your city
- Temperature specific “Feels Like” icons
- An updated collection of awesome map icons for marking your locations!
Oh, and we brought back the beloved radar progression slider feature. The iOS 8.3 update made it invisible to users, but we recovered it!
This is a fantastic weather app. It has so many awesome features and really allows you to customize it to your liking. If a storm is moving towards your location, you can tap on it and the app will show you important information such as the chances for hail. This app also lets you track Hurricanes & their path which is a very nice feature. Another great thing about this app is that you can add different locations so you can alert those you love of incoming severe weather. Then, it also shows warning boxes on the radar like Flash Flood Warnings, Tornado Warnings, Severe T-Storm Warnings and also weather watches. There is a problem I have had with the app that prevents me from rating it 5 stars though. Most of the time when the app notifies me that it might start raining soon, it never does rain. Sometimes the app is correct and it does rain. But it usually isn't right. Other than that it's definitely the best weather app I've had by far. And I've purchased many pro versions of different weather apps too.
Apple Watch app needs work
The Apple Watch app needs work. It's extremely slow to load. It took some figuring on how to zoom in and out by tapping on the bottom of the screen. It would be better if you could use the crown to do that. It would also be nice to be able to move the map around instead of only being able to view the center of the location selected.
If you dicthed the app name on the top of the screen and overlayed the time of the map instead, you would gain more screen real estate for the map. Remove the current condition from the map as it blocks the map. Move that down below under the Details which you scroll down to. The location name needs to be smaller because its overlay also blocks too much of the map on the screen. I want to be able to see as much of the map as possible without things cluttering and overlaying on top of it.
Overall, a good start but definitely needs to work.
Great App. Watch app loads slow and Location icon interferes.
Great App on the iPhone and for that is deserves 5 stars. The Apple Watch maps load VERY slowly…so slowly you have to be careful not to press the zoom in, or zoom out, button again before the maps have a chance to update the first time! Also, the location icon at the bottom of the Apple Watch screen consumes about a 1/5 of the total Watch screen real estate. They really need to just get rid of that icon and assume folks know which map location they’re looking at. Or, have a MUCH SMALLER one or two letter identifier as to which location you are watching.
Please developers, address the size of the Apple Watch location icon in the next update.
All in all, however, GREAT APP!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2013 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Best Fishing Times$1.99
- Tide Charts and Tables$0.99
- Travel / On the Road$0.99
- Aviation/Pilot Layers - 1 Year Subscription$9.99
- Truck Stops$0.99