Radar Cast Elite - NOAA Hi-Def FutureCast, Push Notifications, Driving Directions, Lightning Strikes & Weather
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Know what weather is coming your way with future-cast technology, allowing you to see hi-def radar and anticipated conditions one hour into the future. Instantly know when it’s about to rain or snow with push-notifications to your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
The Only App That…
- Shows hi-def animated past, current and future-radar in a single continuous sequence on a fluid responsive map without having to press a single button
- Can instantly show predicted rain/snow start/stop times for any point on the map
- Allows you to control the loop speed and choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes to 1 hour
- Automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen
- Stunning hi-def and fast loading radar
- FutureCast radar for up to 60 minutes in the future
- Push-Notification for when it’s about to rain or snow at a bookmarked location
**- TurnCast – weather based GPS driving directions
- Hourly forecast for the next 24 hours, as well as 5 day forecast for any location
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Easily send radar screenshots via email or social media
- See weather forecast, severe weather warning boxes, storm direction arrows, hurricane forecast tracks, wildfires, & current drought severity on the same map
- Get fast support from within the app
- If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam. Also, push-notifications for rain will not work reliably in Hawaii, Guam and Alaska. Aviation Sectional Charts are not available for Hawaii.
This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
What's New in Version 3.0
Finally! This update brings a ton of new features, all packaged in a great design. You need a trusted ally during severe weather season, and this is it.
A sampling of whats been added:
- RadarCast on Apple Watch with Rain Notifications!
- Today Screen Widget that shows a map with Radar or Cloud coverage, Current Conditions, Temperature, and Warnings, all without having to unlock the phone
- Hourly forecast for the next 24 hours
- Swipe through forecasts for all your bookmarked locations
- On screen temperature & conditions display for either your current or bookmarked home location
- Live pressure for current location on devices with a barometer sensor
- Live GPS (speed, altitude, direction) display on the map as you are moving about!
- Beautiful, customized backgrounds for your city
- Temperature specific “Feels Like” icons
- An updated collection of awesome map icons for marking your locations!
Oh, and we brought back the beloved radar progression slider feature. The iOS 8.3 update made it invisible to users, but we recovered it!
Stopped creating updates so now this app is becoming trash
This app used to be fantastic and was my go-to radar source. For the last six months, however, the app doesn't seem to have been updated to keep up with iOS updates. As a result the app is glitchy, has poor radar quality, and lacks customer support. I recommend you use a different radar app until these people hopefully get with the program.
App is end of loved don't buy. Another dev jobs customers.
Do not buy The paid app has clearly been end of lived where their freemium app has had a massive update. It's unfortunate they chose to join the growing trend of app developers who forget their customers who supported them early on.
Don't buy - it's not been updated in ages. And needs to be. Their other app my weather may be great. I won't be trying it after buying this one.
iOS app is pretty good if a bit cumbersome. A lot of info and great maps. But he ui has a learning curve for a weather app.
The local rain indicators are seldom correct. And they probably try too far out. I get a fair bit of it will rain in 23 mins and nothing comes of it. Even 45 mins or so. Also the notifications are far too frequent even set to one every ten minutes it doesn't seem to respect that setting
it's not optimized for watch os2 but loads surprisingly fast for a non native app. Unfortunately the map overlays vanish and it's a bug that's been around a fair bit of time I'd like to see covered. (Zoom and play ) there's obviously no complication either to launch from
Watch face and present information. If like to see his app updates more. Updates seem VERY slow to arrive.
Overall the iOS app is good for map lovers and accurate weather but lack some design acumen and accurate local Notifications like dark sky. I'm surprised the notifications aren't more accurate given how good the temp and radar is
it's trying to catch up with some
Of the newer competitors features which as of yet aren't quite implemented right. And despite a recent redesign really needs some ui help (cmon hire a designer!)
Amazing radar for the watch!
This app is the best radar app, hands down. Live radar on the iWatch, amazing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 27, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2013 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Tide Charts and Tables$0.99
- Best Fishing Times$1.99
- Travel / On the Road$0.99
- Aviation/Pilot Layers - 1 Year Subscription$9.99
- Truck Stops$0.99