Radical Comic Reader
By Linda Bradford
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Radical Comic Reader does one thing: Read digital comic books.
And, boy howdy, does it do it well.
- Open and read .CBR and .CBZ Comic Book archives.
- All the reading options you'd need (full screen, rotation, scaling, zooming).
- Easy page navigation with toolbar buttons or arrow keys.
- Save any page as an image file (or even print the page).
- Read as many comic books as you like at the same time (multi-tasking is important in comic book reading!).
Looking to get started with digital comic books? You can find many public domain and creative common's licensed comic's at archive.org (search for "cbz AND mediatype:texts").
Help, Information and news on updates/upgrades, nocost software downloads, tutorials, videos and more are available on the Support Page.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Can now set a comic book page as your Desktop Background.
- Fixed a few issues with opening some improperly created comic books.
- Added links to resources for legally downloading and purchasing CBR and CBZ formatted comics.
Do not download this app.
I like that the developer tried to keep the app lightweight, but the lack of a two page view is more than an annoyance, it makes the app unusable. Besides the fact that you can’t see two page spreads, when a cbr is formatted with facing pages the app will skip every other page.
Do not download this app. It’s a waste of money.
This app is fine, but it crashes regularly. Can get frustrating over time.
Comic books have 2 up pages, but this app doesn't
Useless! A two page layout and mouse gesture page turning and you've got something, without that, just annoyance.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 17, 2011
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Linda Bradford
- © 2014 Dead Parrot Software Inc. (formerly Radical Breeze)
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later