By Chatterbeak, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Have an instant 2-way, push-to-talk audio connection with friends, family, or colleagues, without any burden of creating an account, logging in, or creating any persistent social network.
When you launch Callbox, you will be connected to an environment that works just like push-to-talk radio, but without any hassles: there are no user accounts or passwords, and no social network. Your device is your handset.
In Callbox, you can create and share channels with anyone you like. Channels are lightweight, and can be created or destroyed in an instant. Just create a channel and tell everyone in the group what the channel's "claim code" is, and then you can instantly connect with that group whenever you need. When the project is done, just throw the channel away.
But how do you get everyone to tune in to that channel when you want them? Callbox provides a "ring" button to immediately notify all the members (or just the channel's owner) to call them to that channel. It's a quick, new way to talk instantly to a group of people you need to stay connected with in a temporary way. There's no permanent network, no sharing of contact info or logins, etc. When the reason for the group is done, just delete the channel. Create as many private channels as you have groups of people you might need to talk with.
Doing a project at work? Just create a channel and tell everyone in the group what the channel's "join code" is, and then you can instantly connect with that group whenever you need. Having a party? Invite all the attendees into a channel so they can talk with everyone who will be there, or ask questions of you. When the party's over, just throw the channel away. Going on a group bike ride with people you don't know, and who you don't want to give out any contact info? Create a channel just for the day so everyone can stay in touch, and then delete the channel at the end of the day.
It's the instant simplicity of push-to-talk radio brought right to your mobile device.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
This version contains usability enhancements, to help new users learn how to use the app:
1. To help invite others into their channel, whenever you create a channel we now show a dialog that explains how to share the code, with a shortcut button to the "Share" UIActivity.
2. Similar to #1, we've added an "Invite" button on the front screen that displays essentially that same dialog from #1; the presence of the button should also encourage users to discover how to get other users into their channel.
3. Have made it easier for users to discover the existing "Channel Info" page by adding a duplicate button for it (the "circle I" symbol) on the front screen, as well as the existing button in the channel list.
4. Have added a "squelch tail" (i.e. a little beep) to the end of each voice transmission, so that you can definitely know when someone has stopped talking.
5. Have improved error handling when you lose your network (such as losing WiFi signal). Previously, this could cause you could get stuck, with no active UI.
6. To help users get over the "first use" problem, we've added 3 automatic channels that are always there ("Public" channels). This should help with the "I just launched for the first time, what am I supposed to do now?" issue. So now there are channels numbers 1 through 3 that you don't have to create or join.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 17, 2017
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Thrill Science, Inc
- © 2017 Chatterbeak, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.