Radio Flare REDUX HD
By Chillingo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ON SALE FOR THANKSGIVING!!! Redefining both the shoot-‘em-up and the rhythm action genre, Radio Flare REDUX HD is a side-scrolling, multi-touch shoot-‘em-up thrill-ride, featuring retina-popping high-definition visuals and tub-thumping club anthems.
Radio Flare REDUX HD is a highly stylized side-scrolling shoot-’em-up that makes exceptional use of your iPad’s multi-touch capabilities, not to mention its headphone socket.
Pilot your ship to the beat of the universe and blast a galaxy of invaders out of the sky. Weave through an intense sensory onslaught as you dispatch swarm after swarm of enemies, tapping the touchscreen, and your toes, as you go.
Radio Flare REDUX HD adds stunning high-definition iPad-only visuals to the immersive experience of its iPhone counterpart. REDUX is the hotly anticipated successor to the hit debut from studio radiolaris, Radio Flare, which was a finalist in the 2009 IGF Mobile and IndieCade competitions.
Control your ship with one hand, while targeting multiple enemies with the other to unleash a sonic splash of destructive power. Battle through over 30 frenzied levels packed with power-ups, multipliers, combos, dozens of different enemies and distinct club-style visuals.
Every aspect of Radio Flare REDUX HD is hardwired to the pulse pounding soundtrack of licensed techno, club and house music from an A-list roster of internationally renowned DJs and dance artists. The playlist including Kevin Gorman, Revolution Void, Motor, Binaerpilot and DJ Glow (from the original Radio Flare game), and techno labels International Deejay, Gigolo Records, Mikrowave.co.uk, Buddemusic, Underline and more.
* iPad-exclusive high-definition visuals. All graphics and backgrounds are displayed in full HD glory.
* Musical gameplay experience: Play to the beat as your ship moves and shoots in rhythm. Target enemies and see them pulsate and explode to the beat of each song.
* Levels: 33 diverse planet levels based on licensed techno, club and house tracks by internationally renowned DJs.
* Visuals: Club-style visuals and fast-paced fights combine to create a synesthetic cosmic adventure for your senses.
* Controls: Play with either multi-touch or virtual joystick options to pilot your ship as it pulsates through space, dodging opponents and intensifying the music.
* Unlockable rewards: Gain stars to unlock new planets and take on missions that challenge your rhythmic combat. Unlock a Musical Toy sequencer that lets you arrange sound effects in rhythm and a Visualizer mode so you can cruise through a level without enemies to enjoy the stimulating graphics and music.
* Crystal online leaderboards and mission-based achievements: Explore space with friends and compare your scores and results with Chillingo’s dynamic social gaming network.
“Radio Flare Redux is a colorful, addictive, side-scrolling space shooter experience whose immersive game play, driven by the pulsating rhythm and beat of its quality sound tracks, will completely engage you audibly and visually, throwing your visual-auditory system in sensory overload.” – 148Apps (4.5 stars)
“Connecting personally to the music isn’t difficult at all in Radio Flare REDUX because it’s damn good.” – Pocketgamer (bronze award)
Radio Flare REDUX: http://radiolaris.com/redux/
studio radiolaris: http://radiolaris.com/studio/
A rare treat for iPhone/iPad gamers
This game stands as one of very few truly excellent examples of gaming on Apple's new devices. With fantastic visuals, solid gameplay, varied challenges, and excellent soundtrack, this game reminds me of contemporary greats such as everyday shooter, PixelJunk Eden, and Ikaruga.
The original, classic edition of this game was pretty good, but the studio has really come into their own with these redux releases. The polish is remarkable, and it really adds a massive amount of joy and pure stimulation while playing. Add to that the great depth of achievement challenges, unlockables, and even a sample tracker and you have a game creative and complete enough to develop a subculture around.
With the advent of the iPad, a uniquely compelling experience presents itself. The added screen space gives a much greater feeling of immersion and interactivity with the game. I feel like I am mixing the soundtrack I am hearing as I play because of just how far my hands are traveling. And thanks to the nature of the gameplay, I don't feel tired; the swooping, curved motions promoted by the movement patterns of the enemies leaves me with a sense of having been dancing at a rave more than one of having been working all day.
I can't think of a single reason why I would not recommend this game. Buy it now. Enjoy it regularly. Let's hope to see more work like this from Studio Radiolaris in the near future.
I love this game. Very intuitive controls and pretty graphics. Although, I don't know why it stays in only one orientation. I have the iPad case and the way that the case folds is the opposite of how the game is flipped. It should flip over when I turn the iPad the other way. 5 stars when that is fixed.
I love Radio Flare
I have both Radio Flare and Radio Flare REDUX on my iPod touch and I had to buy the HD version immediately. The Radio Flare games are totally immersive in terms of audiovisual spectacle. This is definitely going to push the iPad to its limits!!
- Category: Games
- Released: Apr 01, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 94.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Chillingo Ltd
- © Studio Radiolaris
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.