By CBS Local
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stream 300+ live, HD, and exclusive stations on the newly redesigned Radio.com app. Explore by location, genre, or category to find your favorite music, and get local news and sports from across the U.S.
• Radio.com is now available for Apple Watch! Control playback, browse our full station guide, change stations, easily access recently listened to stations, add favorites and view Now Playing right on your Apple Watch. Includes Glances!
• View Complete Track and Artist Info with Hi-Res Art
• Save Favorites and Listening History
• Rest Easy with the Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock
• Browse Station Info, Show Schedules, and News Feeds
• Connect with your favorite stations by voting on Polls and submitting recorded audio responses to questions
• Read the Latest Headlines while Listening
• Connect with Apple TV and Other Devices through Air Play
**NOTE** If you experience any problems please Contact Support from the menu in the app. We're more than happy to help you.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s audience measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen’s TV Ratings.
To learn more about our digital audience measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
What's New in Version 4.3
- NEW: Radio.com is now available for Apple Watch! Control playback, browse our full station guide, change stations, easily access recently listened to stations, add favorites and view Now Playing right on your Apple Watch. Includes Glances!
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6+
- Fixed bug causing now playing information to be incorrect after changing stations
- Bug fixes for Account Settings
- Fixed ordering of favorite stations
- Fixed issue on iPad preventing listeners from submitting recorded audio responses
- Fixed bug in Connect On Air Menu preventing the 1st station from being selected
Slightly problematic app now available unusable
Old version had the tendency to hang on to the audio out channel such that other audio apps were not able to take control - so I often had to kill this app to listen to other audio apps, rather than just app switching. That seems fixed but to the other extreme.
Now when I navigate away from the app or lock the screen the audio stops. If I need to keep the app active and running and it doesn't support background playback the it's pointless. Il playing silent games often or reading email while listening to the radio.
The launch forced video commercial on top of the existing in broadcast commercials is too much - you really want to drive away listeners that bad? But given it won't play when I app switch, that is the least of the problems with this new version.
Don't download new version!
I used to be able to go direct to my fav station. Now, not only am I forced to watch a longer ad, I have to choose the station first. Why? I heavily regret having updated the app. And if I try to put the app in background during the ad, it can hang, which means I have to restart again. Lesson: do not update unless you have to: most updates from any app are meant to give more ads or collect more data!
New ads ruin it for me
I listen to this app all the time on my commute. I listen to the local Boston sports station. I heard ads during the shows and I know that they are specific for streaming. I don't mind that. But recently there was an update and now I have to sit through additional ads from the app itself. This rubs me the wrong way. Very disappointed
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 17, 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 41.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Local
- TM & © 2015 CBS Local Digital Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.