By New York Public Radio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Radiolab is a show about wonder, curiosity and big ideas. Hailed by critics as “best radio show,” Radiolab presents a potent elixir of science and philosophy, first-person storytelling and radio theatre, all woven together with the most innovative sound design to ever spill out of the radio. Hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich and produced by WNYC, the show is heard on more than 300 public radio stations around the country.
The Radiolab app is all about curiosity, too. More than just a companion to the broadcast, the app is an extension of the Radiolab experience and its spirit of exploration, possibility and play.
By downloading the Radiolab app, you can…
· Listen to every podcast of the show from the very beginning to the latest release.
· Make your own audio effects, text and photos based on specific requests from Jad and Robert and upload them via Soundcloud.
· Read blogs and updates from the show.
· Share podcasts via email, Facebook and Twitter.
· Receive push notifications of news, new episodes and Radiolab events.
· And Access all of the above through a truly unique user experience that’s not just about navigation, but exploration.
The Radiolab app was produced by WNYC, developed by PRX and designed by 1 Trick Pony.
Your purchase of the app will help fund the production of Radiolab. Enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.0.15
* Optimized playback: fewer dropouts for streaming and downloads
* Fixed various other bugs
We'd love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cool design in theory, but a little hard to use
While I love radio lab, the design of this app is just sort of annoying. You have to run your finger down the front of the screen to move forward in space which moves a dial down the side to access the episodes. I realize that description is unclear, but it's difficult to explain this irritating and unintuitive design. Although it sort of looks interesting? The scrolling through space feature is neat, but it should be separate from accessing content.
I read the horrible past reviews, however some dated back quite a while. Since they did an update on September 1, 2016.. I assumed they fixed the issues. Nope- The interface (swipe up and down) doesn't work well. It jumps all around and won't stay on the "listen" section. The other problem is the playback. Once you rewind, it will continually jump around to parts in the story, for the remainder of the session. I am pretty disappointed but I should have just stuck with the reviews.
The graphics and layout are just as innovative/dynamic as the show. Fun to navigate when you get the hang of it. I wish they had more filters (or "playlists") because there's so much great content to chose from
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 01, 2016
- Version: 1.0.15
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: New York Public Radio
- © 2016 New York Public Radio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.