Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Radiopaedia app is the most beautiful and intuitive way to explore high quality medical imaging material anytime, anywhere.
• Universal: one app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
• Beautiful graphics and high resolution medical imaging. Scrollable multi-image stacks never looked so good.
• Works offline. Study on the go.
• Designed to walk you through a case as if you were in a real clinical setting. Perfect for those preparing for board exams!
• Additional case packs are available, free and via in-app purchase.
• Includes articles from Radiopaedia's radiology encyclopaedia, one of the largest medical encyclopaedias on the web.
Designed for all health professionals, with an emphasis on radiologists and radiology trainees, Radiopaedia is excited to offer the next generation in mobile radiology apps. This all new app replaces the existing Radiopaedia Radiology Teaching files, and has been completely redesigned to make the experience better than ever before.
This app allows you to view hundreds of radiology cases on your device, without having to be connected to the internet. Packs of cases can be downloaded covering a wide range of topics, with additional packs being written. Each pack contains 10-30 cases with high quality images (many of them scrollable multi-image stacks), quiz questions & answers and links to articles about both correct and differential diagnoses. Free packs are available as well as paid packs which help support the continuing improvement of the Radiopaedia.org website (these sales help us maintain radiopaedia.org as a high quality radiology resource for free, forever).
The composition of packs vary and are geared towards different audiences. Health professionals at every level can benefit:
• practicing radiologist
radiology trainees (residents / registrars) preparing for board exams
• junior radiology trainees just starting out
• medical students
• non-radiology health professionals
All the articles of topics covered can then be browsed alphabetically or filtered by system and are an excellent portable reference.
As the leading and fastest growing collaborative radiology resource, Radiopaedia.org is interested sharing your knowledge and experience and welcomes your input.
If you would like to know more about becoming involved in Radiopaedia.org, or the teaching files presented here, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can stay informed by following us on Twitter or Facebook.
What's New in Version 1.0.7
* Fix crash when installing packs after the app had been idle for many hours
* Fix bug that prevented some articles from being imported
* More robust data handling
* Other minor updates
Best Radiology App Out There!
I don't write many reviews but decided to because I couldn't believe the negative comments I saw here. I'm a 4th yr med student and have found this app incredibly helpful in learning basic radiology. The cases are diverse, interesting, and extremely well researched and documented. The question / answer format also helps you quiz yourself and get the most out of each case. I return again and again to refresh my learning and knowledge. I have tried numerous apps in an attempt to find good learning resources, and this is the best I've found. The cost for packs is well worth it. Please keep introducing new cases!
Get the full version
If you expect anything usable in this app is going to cost. If you plan on using free stuff only, DO NOT GET THE APP THEN CAUSE IT IS GOOD FOR THE Apple Garbage can if that is the case. You don't need to waiste your time. I mean, AT LEAST MAKE THE RADIOPEDIA FUNCTION FREE!! This would in fact make the app A LOT WORTH WHILE! It might not have turned me off SO QUICKLY! This means, I MIGHT HAVE PUT MORE CONSIDERATION INTO ACTUALLY GETTING THE PACKS, BUT FORGET IT! No reason paying for something that who knows, MIGHT NOT BE OF ANY QUALITY! Had I have seen the RADIOPEDIA function I might have said"Hey this is a sample of what I'm paying for. It is WONDERFUL! Now that I have seen that I'm going to get The whole app. Being that there is no way to get RADIOPEDIA WITHOUT GETTING THE WHOLE PACK, IM TURNED OFF! So this app isn't worth it
Might be ok.
The free material is really scattershot. Just a random sample of things that didn't seem organized in any particular manner.
Interface and article structure was fine. Articles could use some more thorough editing. The first article I opened contained some grammatical errors.
I realize the free content is to demo the app so the very limited amount of content is acceptable but it didn't sell me on the rest of the content after checking it out. I'll stick with the website.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Aug 23, 2013
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Radiopaedia Australia Pty Ltd
- © 2013 Radiopaedia Pty. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Chest x-rays *Volume 1*$1.99
- Chest x-rays *Volume 2*$1.99
- Central nervous system *CT brain - volume 1*$2.99
- Paediatrics *Volume 1*$0.99
- Gastrointestinal system *Volume 1*$1.99
- CT of the acute abdomen *Volume 1*$2.99
- Musculoskeletal system *Upper limb fractures and dislocations*$2.99
- Central nervous system *posterior fossa masses*$2.99
- Musculoskeletal system *Tumour and tumour like bone lesions*$2.99
- Central nervous system *Congenital malformations*$3.99