RadioPublic is an easy to use podcast app for iPhone that makes listening to podcasts simple. Podcasts in our catalog can be streamed or downloaded so you can listen without using mobile data. Our Podcast Librarians highlight award-winning podcasts from our vast directory, picking shows at the top of podcast charts from NPR, WNYC and PRX like This American Life, Criminal and Serial for new listeners, while digging deep to feature small indie podcasts for more experienced listeners.
Whether you are new to podcasts and not sure where to start, or a long-time listener following dozens of podcasts, RadioPublic is the podcast app for you.
*** Here is what a few publications have to say about what we’re doing ***
*** Boston Globe *** “RadioPublic... headquartered at Harvard’s Launch Lab startup office, is trying to build a better podcast app, one that will remove nagging roadblocks for podcast creators and listeners alike.”
*** FastCompany *** “...incorporating as a public benefit corporation, RadioPublic will have its public good-focused mission emblazoned in its corporate charter, ensuring future leaders don’t lose sight of its founding principles.”
*** Huge podcast catalog from podcasters around the world. ***
There are more than 300,000 podcasts and 15 million episodes with podcasts in dozens of languages. Picking something to hear can be overwhelming, so while you can search for any podcast our Podcast Librarians handpick and highlight shows too.
• Browse podcasts organized into dozens of categories like: News & Current Events, Portraits of People, Interviews with Musicians and Shows that Talk about Pop Culture.
• Sample episodes within curated playlists created by podcast experts, superfans and listeners like you.
• View popular podcasts that are trending on RadioPublic.
• Discover and listen to audio books that have been published as podcasts.
• Listen to podcasts from popular networks like Gimlet, Radiotopia, BBC, Earwolf, Maximum Fun, HowStuffWorks and the CBC.
*** Benefits for everyone ***
RadioPublic is a FREE app and does not require an account or social login to browse or listen.
• Download episodes while on WiFi and listen without using mobile data.
• Tap play and stream podcast episodes without waiting for a download.
• Add episodes to your queue and create a personal continuous playlist.
• Share favorite podcasts and episodes with friends.
• Frequent app updates from nice people who love podcasts and podcasters.
*** Useful features for power listeners ***
• Smart Folders help you organize your shows and episodes and apply filters.
• Set up auto-downloads and new episodes from your shows will be available offline.
• Enable notifications and we'll let you know when new episodes are published.
• Add any podcast, including private RSS feeds like those offered to Patreon supporters.
• Import and export your shows using OPML import.
*** How podcasters can benefit from RadioPublic ***
• Podcasters can be paid when people listen to your show in RadioPublic.
• We don’t re-host your audio files so stats appear in your hosting dashboard.
• Message your most loyal listeners with Affinity Promotions.
Learn more at: https://about.radiopublic.com
Need some help? Get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/radiopublicpbc
Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/radiopublic
RadioPublic is a Public Benefit Corporation and our mission, as embedded in our certificate of incorporation, is:
To help listeners discover, engage with, and reward creators of stories, podcasts, and other audio. We share public media’s educational, artistic, and journalistic mission, and the democratic values of open access to information. We are committed to operating a platform that fairly values creators’ work, respects users’ privacy and information rights, and benefits all participants.
Bug fixes and performance tweaks with this release. You should definitely update.
Are you Canadian? Have some obscure tidbit of random Canadian trivia you'd love to share? Or maybe just a shoutout to a neighbor you grew up with who might be using the app? Let me know. /Matt
Ratings and Reviews
I love using this app to support my favorite podcasts. HOWEVER.
This app seems very poorly optimized. The description of the app says you can stream or download, but it only lets me listen to the podcast if I’ve downloaded it. The sound quality is fine, and I’m able to listen after I’ve downloaded, but sometimes the app glitches out and I have to restart several times in order to do what I want. The layout is not ideal and I sometimes have to search for my podcasts again, even though it still says I follow them. Last but not least, the advertisements at the beginning are all the same. It’s just advertising radio public and nothing else, which would be fine if it wasn’t two ads only and one of them (Phoebe Judge) is off-putting.. I’ll use this app in order to support the smaller podcasts I listen to but I won’t use it as my main podcast app.
Developer Response ,
Hey there. Thanks for your feedback. I'd love to figure out what might be going on related to the streaming/download behavior you're seeing. Mind getting in touch with me at email@example.com so we can take a look and see if we can improve your experience?
Wants to be a really good app, but...
This app realllly wants to be the best podcasting app around. Unfortunately it’s just not quite there. It’s very buggy. Several times everything has disappeared from my queue it the blink of an eye, but then when I try to put episodes back into the queue it tells me they’re already in there. The only solution seems to be to remove everything from the queue and add it back one episode at a time. Also, the queue can only be reordered be manually dragging one episode at at time up or down - try dragging an episode from the bottom of a queue of 25 episodes up to the top! There needs to be a way to send an episode to the top with one click. Also, the ability to sort the queue by different criteria would be good.
Sooo annoying and user-unfriendly!
I started using this app to listen to the Radiotopia shows I like, in order to support them. At first, I liked a couple of advantages this app had over Stitcher, which I’ve listened to for years: it had fast-forward in 15-second increments, and had at least one podcast that Stitcher didn’t: The Tobolowsky Files. The “radio mode” sounded good, too, though I’ve never ended up using it yet.
But now I can’t even find the fast forward button any more, and the Radiotopia playlist I created is nowhere to be found. Such a list is there, but it has lots of shows I never subscribed to, and I can’t find the list of just the Radiotopia shows that I put together. I go back and forth between the profile page and settings and other pages I find, but feel like I’m in a maze trying to use this app. It’s terrible! I had enough, and just now deleted it.
Developer Response ,
Bummer your experience with the app wasn't a positive one, though it isn't typical. Wish you would have reached out prior to writing your review and deleting the app (firstname.lastname@example.org) I'm sure I could have answered your questions with a quick response and improved your experience. /Matt
- RADIOPUBLIC PBC
- 101.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 RadioPublic A Public Benefit Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.