This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*Note: The radTEST App does not work as a standalone application and requires the use of the Scosche RDTX pro radiation detector.
The radTEST App is a radiation detection application designed to work exclusively with the RDTX pro from Scosche. Along with the RDTX pro, radTEST empowers you to detect gamma radiation levels with your iPod or iPhone so that you can take control of your well-being. The easy-to-use Meter Display indicates radiation levels are indicated as being safe, elevated or dangerous. For advanced users, the Digital Display shows detailed radiation measurements. Share your results with your friends around the globe and take control of protecting your world.
-Easy-to-use interface clearly indicates radiation levels
-GREEN indicates a safe area
-YELLOW indicates elevated radiation
-RED indicates a dangerous radiation level
-Displays detailed measurements for the advanced user
-Counts per Minute (CPM)
-Time Since Reset
-Total Counts Since Reset
-uSV/h (Micro Sieverts per Hour)
-Average uSV/h levels since reset
-Place map markers to report radiation levels
-Use social media to share radiation levels with Twitter, Facebook and more
-Deliver precise radiation reports to keep you and your family safe
What's New in Version 1.2
Realtime Radiation levels and Average Radiation levels can now be swapped on the digital Display. Just tap the big number and the numbers get swapped.
Added time measured. Server now keeps and display the length of the timed measurement.
Added Total Counts measured.
Added Link to online manual, for both RDTX and RDTX-PRO
Added Hash tag @scosche #radTEST on posts.
Added spinning wheel on main screen for first minute.
We fixed the following issues:
Map crash when browsing or zooming in/out
Color levels didn't match on server. Fixed color levels on posts from users so it matches App color levels.
Fixed language issues, that displayed on some fields the wrong language.
Other stability issues.
Good app for RDTX Pro device.
Measurement UI is good, just a few suggestions:
1. Please add “Portrait upside down” orientation. This will make it possible to hold the iPhone upside down so the RDTX cable protrudes upward.
2. Add a setting to disable the iOS screen lock while the app is running (this currently works very well when the timer is active). This will prevent the screen from locking while just measuring.
3. Add a way to store timed dose measurements so they can be shared at a later time. Currently the app only allows sharing a single measurement, which not useful if there is no network access where the measurement was taken (no WiFi or cellular data). This prevents gathering data in remote areas where no cell service or WiFi is available (e.g. remote mountain peaks, etc...).
4. Also add a simple “share by email” feature so I can just email myself the measurement data.
5. Add an audible ‘click’ for each detected count (like the sound a tube geiger counter makes). Include a way to enable/disable this in settings.
To the previous comment by Radiographer- seriously dude we as humans have the ability to read witch you could utilize to not sound ignorant , not trying to be a doushbag and I usually don't leave comments but it clearly states that this app is not a stand alone radiation reader it is an accessory app witch means it is used with other equipment that does the actual readings please please I hope you are not involved in helping protect and warn us from possible radiation scares if you can't even read directions, from:sincerely me :)
This does not work and could not work even if it wanted to due to the fact that it has no way of actually detecting radiation levels without proper mech in the phone. This app is trash.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 15, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Scosche Industries Inc
- © Scosche Industries
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.