Rail Crossing Locator
By Federal Railroad Administration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTICE: Report grade crossing emergencies by calling the phone number posted at the grade crossing or call 911 if the number is missing.
- Removed grade separated crossings
- Improved search by Crossing ID and Address tool
- Quick details now has milepost and Emergency Contact Information
- Updated look and feel to iOS7
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Rail Crossing Locator helps you locate highway-rail grade crossings and explore detailed information from the USDOT's grade crossing database(s). Users can: locate crossings by USDOT Crossing ID, address or exploring the map; access inventory records submitted by states and railroads; and view accident history. Users can also select from multiple base maps and identify railroad crossings by characteristics. This app empowers the public (including transportation, emergency response, and community and safety organizations) to join the FRA's efforts to further improve grade crossing safety. States and Railroads are responsible for the accuracy of the grade crossing physical and operating characteristics within inventory records.
…always eXpect a train…
- Locate highway-rail grade crossings near your location
- Locate highway-rail grade crossings by USDOT Crossing ID
- Locate highway-rail grade crossings by address or by exploring the map
- Locate highway-rail grade crossing by characteristics such as Railroad, Type, or Quiet Zone
- View the official USDOT highway-rail grade crossing inventory record with characteristics
- View the official USDOT collision record with accident/collision history for specific crossings
- Provide the FRA with information about crossings
For more about rail safety or the FRA visit:
FRA’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/USDOTFRA
FRA’s twitter: https://twitter.com/USDOTFRA
FRA Safety Data Site: http://safetydata.fra.dot.gov/officeofsafety/default.aspx
For more about highway-rail grade crossing safety visit:
Operation Lifesaver: http://oli.org
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Fixed minor bugs.
New emergency contact info is awesome!!
Love this app!! I work in rail/safety field and use this app all the time to locate and validate crossing characteristics. AND the latest update that provides the ENS # allows anyone to help save lives!!
The app works perfectly fine and as described, although every once in a while some GX's location is bad and takes a while to find.
Unlike others, I'm glad it doesn't show realtime train traffic. That would be a big security risk in the world we live in now (unfortunately).
Useless for the most part
I was hoping this app would provide real time information about whether or not a train was passing or blocking the crossing. It doesn't. It should. Why not? Deciding whether or not to take a route that adds several miles to the trip would be made easier.
I'd DEFINITELY recommend this app if you are a railfanner. This app makes locations railroad crossings way easier. 5/5 stars!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 15, 2014
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 36.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Federal Railroad Administration
- © 2013 FRA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.