Rail Crossing Locator
By Federal Railroad Administration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTICE: Report grade crossing emergencies by calling the phone number posted at the grade crossing or call 911 if the number is missing.
- Removed grade separated crossings
- Improved search by Crossing ID and Address tool
- Quick details now has milepost and Emergency Contact Information
- Updated look and feel to iOS7
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Rail Crossing Locator helps you locate highway-rail grade crossings and explore detailed information from the USDOT's grade crossing database(s). Users can: locate crossings by USDOT Crossing ID, address or exploring the map; access inventory records submitted by states and railroads; and view accident history. Users can also select from multiple base maps and identify railroad crossings by characteristics. This app empowers the public (including transportation, emergency response, and community and safety organizations) to join the FRA's efforts to further improve grade crossing safety. States and Railroads are responsible for the accuracy of the grade crossing physical and operating characteristics within inventory records.
…always eXpect a train…
- Locate highway-rail grade crossings near your location
- Locate highway-rail grade crossings by USDOT Crossing ID
- Locate highway-rail grade crossings by address or by exploring the map
- Locate highway-rail grade crossing by characteristics such as Railroad, Type, or Quiet Zone
- View the official USDOT highway-rail grade crossing inventory record with characteristics
- View the official USDOT collision record with accident/collision history for specific crossings
- Provide the FRA with information about crossings
For more about rail safety or the FRA visit:
FRA’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/USDOTFRA
FRA’s twitter: https://twitter.com/USDOTFRA
FRA Safety Data Site: http://safetydata.fra.dot.gov/officeofsafety/default.aspx
For more about highway-rail grade crossing safety visit:
Operation Lifesaver: http://oli.org
What's New in Version 2.1.4
App Needs Work. A lot of work
I've submitted several longitude and latitude updates but the system is not 100 % accurate. Crossing icons are still way off and in some cases you have to send in several updates to GCIS before the app gets an update that is close.
I want to locate trains
At first I thought this tracks trains but instead it showed railroad crossings. I want so you can see active trains on the tracks. 😉🍍
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 29, 2016
- Version: 2.1.4
- Size: 37.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Federal Railroad Administration
- © 2013 FRA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.