Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- Multi-brand libraries with 240 track systems,
- Support for all common model scales and even arbitrary scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
Improvements for baseboards and bug fixes.
New in version 5.3:
• Native support for baseboards
• A baseboard assistant to quickly get started with common layout shapes (L-, U-shapes, rectangles, ..)
Retired computer professional, lifelong model railroader.
I happily used Version 4 for a long time, and am now even happier with Version 5.3. Excellent user interface, much more like other Mac Apps, making it easier to learn and use.
Track library I am using (KATO UniTrack, N scale) is fully up to date and easy to use. I had a couple questions, and using thier email support, got quick and helpful replies.
Works for Me
I haven’t mastered this thing yet but I have been able to design a shelf layout with it. The addition of the ability to import images over which to trace is a big help to someone like me, who used Illustrator for this purpose previously.
I haven’t found a way to resize type and some of the controls are less than intuitive but overall I find the program easy to use. Next up: elevations.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 10.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Jan P. Barnholt
- © Copyright (c) 2016 Isle of the Kakapo
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor