RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 250 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories (fully localized),
- TruScale libraries (signals, accessories) adapting automatically to all model scales
- Support for all common and custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Community Layouts with layouts created by a community of fellow model railroaders
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
This maintenance update contains improvements for macOS mojave and updated track libraries as well as minor bug fixes.
RailModeller Pro 6 introduces Community Layouts enabling you to easily
• Browse layouts created and shared by users of the app for your inspiration, and
• Share your layout designs with the community to enjoy and discuss.
Ratings and Reviews
Not so great
I to am dubious of all the great reviews. I found it very difficult to grasp and use. The tutorials are weak and in my opion worthless. I’ve found another product that works much better.
Best track planner
I’ve tried most of the commercial and freeware track planners on both Mac and Windows and this is the best by far. Wonderful UI with intuitive gestures for scrolling and zooming. A good selection of the most needed features including an automatic tool that connects any two end points with a smoothly curved piece of flex-track. A huge time saver. I created a fairly complex around-the-wall layout in about an hour without even watching a training video - it’s that intuitive and powerful.
It has a lot of lack of important functions to design, it is not interactive, the library lacks personalized updating, especially to insert elements of scenography. Poor palette of tools to edit objects. in short, it lacks many functions to be able to customize the design, it is an incomplete application
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.