By Nocturnal Code
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Rails Project Management, Task Automation and Grouped Logging
Rails Assistant can run your rails project, bundle your Gemfile, automatically run your unit tests and it generally helps you develop Rails apps faster.
Getting your project up and running is easy with Rails Assistant. Just drop it in.
Want to run a Rack App? You can! Rails Assistant knows how to run Rack compatible servers and more.
* Support for Rails, Rack, Ramaze, Cramp, Sinatra, Redis, and more
* Quick shortcuts to your favorite editor, browser and command line
* Rake menu, for running rake tasks
* Log view, search and mark your logs, we can also highlight errors and warnings
* Monitor file changes, eg. Automatically "bundle install" when you save your Gemfile and then restart Rails
* Create and customize automation workflows
If there is something fancy that your favorite gem can do, and a custom workflow doesn't cut it, let us know http://railsassistant.com/features
Note: We don't support running tasks with sudo access, in order to use our bundler support, we recommend you use RVM, rbenv-bunlder or chruby. We recommend that everyone uses a Ruby version manager anyway.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
We've been making a huge amount of upgrades to the core engine behind Rails Assistant.
There is a greatly reduced memory footprint thanks in large part to the massive overhaul.
We've updated the way we interact with RVM version files and added support for .ruby-version files.
- ⌘F now focuses searchbox
Overall, your projects should run a whole lot smoother. If you're still having issues please contact us directly via our support page.