Download the simplest yet most useful weather app!
Rain Alarm reliably warns you of rain or snow approaching your location using push notifications. Instead of predicting probabilities, we use real time data to warn you as soon as precipitation gets near.
The app animates the latest Doppler-radar images from weather services around the world.
Rain Alarm is useful for everyone that likes to spend time outside and doesn’t want to get caught in the rain!
We provide service in the following countries:
Sweden, Poland, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Spain (incl. Balearic and Canary Islands), Slovenia, Croatia, Belarus, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Iceland, USA, Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Argentina, Australia, Taiwan, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Singapur, Brunei and the Philippines.
You like Rain Alarm? Support us by leaving a good review at the app store!
For suggestions and complaints, please contact us directly via Email or Facebook:
- Fixed problem with map in iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
One more thing!
I’m a weather observer so this is a great app for me. I use it at work to alert me of close rain in case I’m away from the windows or if it appears close to the station with no warning.
Three great options to add would be:
1. To be able to slow down the animation or choose from some playback speed options. Currently I find the animation too fast. I know you can pause but it would be better to see the flow and direction if it was about half the speed.
2. Add distance rings. It’s great when I get an alarm and it tells me how far away the rain is but when I’m just in the app and the rain is outside of my alarm circle it’s hard to tell the distance (especially because of the fast animation).
3. Add a loading wheel. Before the first image is loaded it is hard to tell if the app is doing anything or not because the bar that loads (turns blue) is completely grey and there is no other indicator the app is working. If you have a slow connection it would be easy to mistake there being no data or thinking the app is frozen/not working.
I’ve adding this to my previous review:
I live in Bermuda and work at the Weather Service here that you grab the radar data from. We have just updated our system and now I noticed that after the update your app does not have the data from our radar.
Hi, thanks a lot for the review and the suggestions. We take note of them!
A useful app, but ads are really annoying
This is a very useful and friendly app, I’ve been using it for years but the ads have become very invasive in the last versions.I understand that you should buy it to get rid of them but I cannot buy every single app just to make the ads go away, despite they’re cheap or not, it’s very annoying and you bother other people when you’re watching the app and suddenly a strong music or explosions promoting a game breaks the silence and your phone almost falls down from your hand. Instead of pushing me to buy the app, it makes me wish to uninstall it. Again, I like the app but this ad methodology that I can see on many apps are really anti-purchase. At least you could make the ads silent. It’s a bad practice that I can see in many apps lately and it is becoming a nightmare.
Hi, thanks for the review and your feedback. I understand your point of view, I don't like ads either and I try to avoid them as much as I can by paying for services. An ad free version of this app is going to cost you just a few dollars. Just as much as a beer in a bar. You say you are using it since years and it is being helpful. I am glad to hear that. Hope you understand that offering you to remove the ads is in that context is not a crime.
Support for great app
I work in the aviation industry and use the free app to make decisions at work-related over the past 3 years. It is intuitive and accurate, helping me make great estimates for the day: such as flight recalls and even holiday plans at Disneyland Tokyo.
I've purchased full version to show my support.
- Carlos Aviles
- 16.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 Carlos Avilés
- In-App Purchases
- Remove ads $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.