Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be Here Now is a simple and easy way to explore the teachings and timeless wisdom of Ram Dass & other esteemed spiritual teachers.
Whether you are just starting out on your journey of exploring consciousness or you are an experienced meditator, there is something for everyone in this app.
Take these teachings with you wherever you go, so you'll have access to them when you most need them.
- Easily search for answers in our vast archive of audio, video and text teachings from from over 20 topics including Attachment, Disturbing Emotions, Relationships, Meditation and Forgiveness.
- Receive daily Words of Wisdom from some of the great spiritual teachers of our time (with the option to turn on daily push notifications).
- Access to over 100 audio podcasts from Ram Dass' 50+ years of teaching with an easy-to-use audio player.
- Weekly wisdom articles and videos from Ram Dass.
- Options to receive notifications for new Words of Wisdom, articles, videos, podcasts and events.
All presented in a minimalist, visually pleasing layout and navigation.
A little more about Ram Dass:
Ram Dass has made his mark on the world by teaching the path of the heart and promoting service in the areas of social consciousness and care for the dying. Ram Dass first went to India in 1967, when he was still Dr. Richard Alpert, an eminent Harvard psychologist and psychedelic pioneer with Dr. Timothy Leary. In India, he met his guru, Neem Karoli Baba, affectionately known as Maharajji, who gave Ram Dass his name, which means "servant of God."
On his return from India Ram Dass became a pivotal influence in our culture with the publication of the book “Be Here Now”. Those words have become a catch phrase in people’s lives for the last 40 years.
Ram Dass now makes his home in Maui and teaches world wide through RamDass.org and continues the work of Neem Karoli Baba through the Love Serve Remember Foundation.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
- A totally redesigned, sleek and easy-to-use interface.
- Turn on push notifications for new articles, podcast, daily wisdom, videos and events depending on your interests.
- Use the new audio player to seamlessly listen to any podcast even when the app is not open.
- Search for wisdom by interest and topic for a more user-friendly experience.
- Easily access and share the newest articles, videos and podcasts released by Ram Dass' Love Serve Remember Foundation.
This App puts the Spirit in spirituality
I've been thoroughly enjoying this app. A lot of thought, contemplation and expertise has clearly been invested in creating such a beautiful, useful, well-designed and easy to navigate app. The notification emoticons are cleverly creative, the images a mindful reminder of what I'm about to absorb.
I'm a late bloomer to Ram Dass, although I'm familiar with some of the other "low-hanging fruit" in this wonderful, intentional, conscious community. Unusual for other apps, I am able to use another screen while listening to the podcasts.
What a treasure and legacy this app provides, a lighthouse eternally shining for generations to come. I'm very appreciative of the whole Ram Dass community and their ability to glean the best from social media. Thank you for mining this library of recorded gems, Nathan. Thank you, Raghu for your relatable and experiential hosting. Thank you, Rachael, for your lovely and generous emails.
Beautiful Source of Wisdom
This is an absolutely wonderful application--it is user friendly, well designed, and full of insightful teachings. I highly recommend this app to any and all spiritual seekers. It is frequently updated with new content and daily quotes so there's always more to learn, digest, remember, and practice. This is soul food--a nourishing gift and a welcome reminder to be present even/especially when on a mobile device. In my opinion, the Be Here Now app is an example of using technology responsibly, for the greater good. Thank you to the LSR team for working to make these transformative teachings accessible to all of us. In particular, I am so grateful for the archived lectures that have been disseminated through podcasts. I've personally taken refuge in these talks during a challenging time in my life, and am continually inspired by the Be Here Now network. It truly guides all of us along the path Home ❤️
Makes my mornings so much better!
Waking up in the morning with my chronic neurological condition is a challenging experience, but receiving a morning talk, quote, or article from Ram Dass to meditate on instead of my symptoms has made the past few weeks so much better. I have been awaiting the release of this app since Raghu Markus started hinting about it on Ram Dass's "Here and Now" podcast last year; I can now easily browse decades of Ram Dass's deep thoughts from anywhere. In the moment, I can't always get to my bookcase, but I usually have my phone wherever I may be when I need a shift of perspective.
How many apps on your phone do you mainly use to look at cat pictures? Surely there's room in there for wisdom to reach for when life exceeds your ability to handle it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 19, 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 30.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wajid Mohammed
- © Love Serve Remember Foundation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.