Range cooking thermometer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cook better with less effort. The Range grilling/kitchen thermometer gives you: fast and precise temperature readings; remote alerts to iOS devices anywhere; Rangefinder temperature guides for meat, candy and beer; and recipe graphs for repeatable results.
Connect Range to your iPhone, and perfect your dishes — whether you’re making candy, brewing beer, barbecuing, roasting, or grilling dinner.
Use Range with your iPad as a leave-in oven thermometer, and get alerts on your other iOS device so you don't have to hover around the kitchen. Kitchen scientists—graph and save temperature data to experiment with your recipe. Or, use Range as an instant-read thermometer and set alerts to let you know when your candy has hit the hard ball stage.
• Real-time temperature readings
• Remote alerts to all your iOS devices.
• Set temperature alerts with a swipe of a finger.
• NEW IN 1.5: Rangefinders show you important temperature ranges for meat, sugar stages, and homebrewing. Stay on top of things with audio or remote alerts as you pass through important temperature bands. And because every chef has her preferences, you can create your own Rangefinders.
• Drag your finger in a circle to set a quick cooking timer.
• Graph view in landscape.
• Alerts for rising or falling temperatures.
• Save your graph as a PDF, or CSV data to open as a spreadsheet.
• USDA and gourmet presets for meat and candy make it even easier to cook a perfect dish.
Requires the Range smart thermometer, made in the US of food-safe silicone and rated up to 450ºF — designed for the oven or grill.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Works with iOS 5.1 again, functionally. Great for dedicating your old device to Range use, but the interface is polished for iOS6 and newer. This is most likely the last update that will work with 5.1.
- Added resting timer. Now when you use a meat preset, you'll get an option to set a resting timer after you've hit your target temperature. Deliciousness is increased when you let your meat sit after you've taken it out of the oven in order to draw the juices back in: http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/how-to-have-juicy-meats-steaks-the-food-lab-the-importance-of-resting-grilling.html
- Tidied up the settings panel.
This is a wonderful thermometer. Easy to read and no guess work needed. Only reason for not giving it a 5 star rating is because, since you have to leave the thermometer plugged in to take advantage of the graphing info that is generated based on temp and time, it would be nice to see the temp from the lock screen or notification screen on the iPhone.
Get great results in the kitchen!
The Range thermometer and app really help to eliminate guesswork when cooking meat. Ovens vary, but you know exactly what's happening with Range. I love having alerts sound on a different iOS device than the one that's plugged in to the thermometer. Highly recommended.
I had high expectations, but now I am on my second probe. And I cannot get this app to work on my iPhone 6 to display temperatures.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 21, 2015
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Supermechanical LLC
- © 2014 Supermechanical LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.