Range cooking thermometer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"[Supermechanical] managed to combine the best aspects of Silicon Valley industrial design with true kitchen utility." — GigaOm
"For anyone who wants to achieve a higher level of cooking perfection, Supermechanical's Range smart thermometers are a wonderful kitchen accessory for your favorite iOS device." — The Unofficial Apple Weblog
"A must have for any techie’s kitchen." — Jacob F.
"I have been cooking professionally for over 10 years and in that time I have never used a thermometer that worked half as good as yours does. The little magnet really makes such a huge difference! Great design, great product, keep it up!" — Luis L.
Cook better with less effort. The Range grilling/kitchen thermometer gives you: precise temperature readings; live temperatures and remote alerts to iOS devices anywhere; Rangefinder temperature guides for meat, candy and beer; and recipe graphs for repeatable results.
Use Range with your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a leave-in oven thermometer, and get alerts on your other iOS device so you don't have to hover around the kitchen. Kitchen scientists—graph and save temperature data to experiment with your recipe. Or, use Range as an instant-read thermometer and get audio alerts to nudge you when your candy has hit the hard ball stage.
• Real-time temperature readings. Check the temperature over the Internet from any iOS device.
• Set rising or falling temperature alerts with a swipe of a finger.
• Remote alerts to all your iOS devices when your dish is done.
• Drag your finger in a circle to set a quick cooking timer.
• USDA and gourmet presets for meat and candy make it even easier to cook a perfect dish.
• Minimal interaction. You want to cook, not futz with your phone. One-handed operation, 3D Touch presets from the home screen (iPhone 6s/6s Plus) and monitoring temperatures on your lock screen makes you more efficient.
Graph view in landscape.
• Save your graph as a PDF, or CSV data to open as a spreadsheet.
• Rangefinders show you important temperature ranges for meat, sugar stages, and homebrewing. Stay on top of things with audio or remote alerts as you pass through important temperature bands. And because every chef has her preferences, you can create your own Rangefinders.
Requires the Range smart thermometer, made in the US of food-safe silicone and rated up to 450ºF — designed for the oven or grill.
What's New in Version 1.7
This update is about using the app less. This is the first version of the Range app to support only iOS 8.0 and up, which allowed us to focus on these features:
Temperature on lock screen and Today view. Without opening the Range app, you'll see the temperature at a glance in the Today view (drag your finger down from the top of the screen).
3D Touch shortcuts. If you have an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus, press harder on the Range app icon to quickly create alerts for the most common foods.
Misc. Eliminated little bugs, notably around the support screen and dropped connections to remote Ranges.
Great app, but where's the Apple Watch app?
Love using the app, with the iPod touch I have, but iGrill has passed it with Apple Watch Support
I use this all the time for grilling. Indispensable.
To be able to directly plug ANY thermometer cable into the 3.5mm jack would make this app a MUST for every home cook. It would also be a great gateway to your product.
Suggestion: make this app function with any thermometer cable and charge a small price ($2-$5)
With your product, include a coupon code for the AppStore to get the app for free.
I don't want to hurt your business so I will rate 5 stars even though I can't currently use it.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Feb 01, 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Supermechanical LLC
- © 2015 Supermechanical LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.