Range cooking thermometer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"[Supermechanical] managed to combine the best aspects of Silicon Valley industrial design with true kitchen utility." — GigaOm
"For anyone who wants to achieve a higher level of cooking perfection, Supermechanical's Range smart thermometers are a wonderful kitchen accessory for your favorite iOS device." — The Unofficial Apple Weblog
"A must have for any techie’s kitchen." — Jacob F.
"I have been cooking professionally for over 10 years and in that time I have never used a thermometer that worked half as good as yours does. The little magnet really makes such a huge difference! Great design, great product, keep it up!" — Luis L.
Cook better with less effort. The Range grilling/kitchen thermometer gives you: precise temperature readings; live temperatures and remote alerts to iOS devices anywhere; Rangefinder temperature guides for meat, candy and beer; and recipe graphs for repeatable results.
Use Range with your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a leave-in oven thermometer, and get alerts on your other iOS device so you don't have to hover around the kitchen. Kitchen scientists—graph and save temperature data to experiment with your recipe. Or, use Range as an instant-read thermometer and get audio alerts to nudge you when your candy has hit the hard ball stage.
• Real-time temperature readings. Check the temperature over the Internet from any iOS device.
• Set rising or falling temperature alerts with a swipe of a finger.
• Remote alerts to all your iOS devices when your dish is done.
• USDA and gourmet presets for meat and candy make it even easier to cook a perfect dish.
• Minimal interaction. You want to cook, not futz with your phone. One-handed operation, 3D Touch presets from the home screen (iPhone 6s/6s Plus) and monitoring temperatures on your lock screen makes you more efficient.
Graph view in landscape.
• Save your graph as a PDF, or CSV data to open as a spreadsheet.
• Rangefinders show you important temperature ranges for meat, sugar stages, and homebrewing. Stay on top of things with audio or remote alerts as you pass through important temperature bands. And because every chef has her preferences, you can create your own Rangefinders.
Requires the Range (wired) or Range Dial (Bluetooth) smart thermometers, made of food-safe silicone and stainless steel, and designed for the oven or grill.
What's New in Version 2.0
A lot of under-the-hood work, but also a new way to set alerts. The "pull tab" you used to set alerts has been replaced with something simpler: drag your finger up and down over any temperature reading and you'll see an alert. When you lift your finger, the alert is set. Drag an alert to adjust it, and swipe offscreen to remove it.
Support for Range Dial. That's our new precision Bluetooth thermometer. Two probes, improved accuracy, set alerts without taking your phone out with a turn of the stainless steel dial that magnetically sticks to your oven or grill.
Support for multiple Ranges. With Range Dial, you can use two probes at once (say, to monitor internal temperature and ambient temperature), but you'll also see any Range you plug into the headphone jack or a remote Range connected to another device. Read all the temperatures!
Now when you tap on a preset, it will ask you to choose between options (i.e. medium rare, medium, well done). Long press to set all of those options at once.
Fixed a bug that cropped up in iOS10 where temperature alerts wouldn't make a sound.
Support for native resolution on iPhone 6, 6+, 7, 7+ screens, and multitasking in split screen for iPad so you can have Range open next to your recipe app.
The Range app now supports just iOS 9 and newer.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 30, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 38.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Supermechanical LLC
- © 2017 Supermechanical LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.