Cook better with less effort. The Range grilling/kitchen thermometer gives you: precise temperature readings; live temperatures and remote alerts to iOS devices anywhere; Rangefinder temperature guides for meat, candy and beer; and recipe graphs for repeatable results.
Use Range with your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a leave-in oven thermometer, and get alerts on your other iOS device so you don't have to hover around the kitchen. Kitchen scientists—graph and save temperature data to experiment with your recipe. Or, use Range as an instant-read thermometer and get audio alerts to nudge you when your candy has hit the hard ball stage.
• Real-time temperature readings. Check the temperature over the Internet from any iOS device.
• Set rising or falling temperature alerts with a swipe of a finger.
• Remote alerts to all your iOS devices when your dish is done.
• USDA and gourmet presets for meat and candy make it even easier to cook a perfect dish.
• Minimal interaction. You want to cook, not futz with your phone. One-handed operation, 3D Touch presets from the home screen and monitoring temperatures on your lock screen makes you more efficient.
Graph view in landscape.
• Save your graph as a PDF, or CSV data to open as a spreadsheet.
• Rangefinders show you important temperature ranges for meat, sugar stages, and homebrewing. Stay on top of things with audio or remote alerts as you pass through important temperature bands. And because every chef has her preferences, you can create your own Rangefinders.
Requires the Range (wired) or Range Dial (Bluetooth) smart thermometers, made of food-safe silicone and stainless steel, and designed for the oven or grill. http://store.supermechanical.com
Updated to support iOS 12 and new devices better, plus a few small bug fixes.
If you're having trouble contacting us through the app (Settings gear icon > Customer support), this is a bug we're trying to track down — please contact us through http://support.supermechanical.com
Ratings and Reviews
Update. Many issues with connecting. After the update it won’t connect and the ap keeps crashing. Now what? Dinner is ruined?
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. We'd love to figure out what the issue is—please contact us through the app (Settings gear icon > Customer support) so we can see what's going on.
Touch and go
Ever since I have upgraded to the new iPhone the thermometer will not connect. Good luck to everyone else. Looking for an alternative smart thermometer.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear your Range won't work. Did you contact customer support through the app? We can troubleshoot. If it's an older Range that connects through the headphone jack, unfortunately the results with Apple's Lightning adapter are inconsistent, and we can't support it (though depending on the device, it does work). That's why we made the Bluetooth Range Dial—again, contact us and we'll see what we can do to help you.
Great companion app for the Range thermometer
I’ve only had one opportunity to use the app with my Aqua Range thermometer (for home brewing) but I think the app is wonderful! It’s simple to use but does take a minute or two to get it sorted out. I’ve had no compatibility or crashing issues, but I did initially have an issue where my primary iPhone couldn’t get remote alerts from the old iPhone connected to the Aqua Range. This was quickly fixed by Supermechanical’s support team (Thanks, John!) and remote alerts do work now.
If there was one feature I’d like to see, it would be the ability to get live readings remotely, rather than just notifications when the temperature hits a specific number. For my purposes, that would merely add some extra “cool” factor, but I can see where that’d be useful for people who need very accurate temperature control.
Anyway, thanks for the awesome app and keep up the good work, Supermechanical!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.