Make your best shots even better with RAW Power™. RAW Power unlocks the power of Apple's RAW engine with simple, easy-to-use controls. Use it as an editing extension inside Apple Photos, or as a standalone, non-destructive RAW photo editor.
If you loved Aperture's advanced RAW processing adjustments, you'll feel right at home with RAW Power. Using adjustments like Boost, previously only available in Aperture, you can improve your images in ways that simply can't be done in any other application. RAW Power takes advantage of RAW processing improvements in macOS Sierra.
- Extends Apple's Photos app for macOS Sierra and High Sierra
- Extensive camera support via Apple's RAW Camera Updates (list at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207049 [Sierra] and https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207972 [High Sierra])
- Control over Apple's Boost filter to achieve unparalleled highlight recovery
- Real-time control of all of Apple's RAW engine, including Noise Reduction, and Black Point, RAW Sharpen, Gamut Mapping and more
- Hot Pixels Overlay with Clipping Indicators
- Fully non-destructive editing, with all changes stored in a sidecar file
- Customizable Presets and Copy / Paste of adjustments
- Camera Presets allow you to automatically create a starting point for each camera model
- Advanced Curves adjustment with Auto Curves, Linear and Lab modes
- Crop and Straighten
- AdvancedDepth Adjustment for improving photos with the iOS Depth Effect (requires iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra)
- Recovery slider for targeted control over highlights
- White Balance sampling
- Luminance-oriented Sharpen
- All sliders are real-time and GPU accelerated
- Highlights, Shadows, Vibrancy and more
- Support for hundreds of RAW cameras
- Images are displayed the same way as in Photos, Aperture, or iPhoto
- Supports iPhone RAW images and other DNGs as well (DJI and a few other cameras excluded).
- Also works with JPEGs, TIFFs, and other image formats
- Trial version available for download at gentlemencoders.com
- Video Tutorials on YouTube (on the Gentlemen Coders channel)
Requires macOS 10.12.2 or later.
Fixed preferences in Photos Extension which could cause JPEG compression setting to be incorrectly applied.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful program with a glaring omission
I use ACR and Photoshop CS6 for RAW conversion and Bridge as my cataloging program. I will never buy into Adobe’s subscription program. I bought this program as insurance against not being able to run CS6 in a future Mac OS version and on the basis of reviews here and elsewhere. I cannot honestly tell if its any “better or worse” than ACR/PS in terms of the quality of processed RAWs which are all from my D800E and are very clean to begin with. I’ll continue to try its capabilities, but I’m not quite comfortable in it yet.
I believe the program has one glaring omission - It allows the user to adjust the background behind the image from default black all the way to white, but the background of the controls area is all black and can’t be changed. I HATE to work on a black screen. It’s childish and appeals to people who have no experience in graphic design. PLEASE include the option of varying that background! If the window size of the program is less than full screen, all the controls cannot be seen. There is no way to scroll the area to reveal controls toward the bottom. The entire window must be enlarged to see them! Not good. Additionally, the boxes and slider controls in that area are very “un-Mac like” and are inelegant and crude looking.
Thank you for your review. I understand your concern about the black background for the controls. I will add your suggestion for a variable control background to the list I keep of customer requests. There are no scroll bars visible, but you can scroll the adjustment panel the same way you might scroll a web page or other view (by using one or two finger scrolling depending on your mouse or trackpad). There is no need to make the window full screen. If you would like more assistance, please email email@example.com and I would be happy to help you.
Alll You Need For RAW Processing
This extension for Photos is all you need for raw processing - it makes Photos a complete application. You can use Photos to import and organize your images and RAW Power to adjust your RAW images. It also runs as a stand-alone appliction if you don’t need or want the Photos organization. The tools are powerful and easy to use - and performance is very good - even for my huge 42MB Sony A7RM2 RAW images. It is also an incredible bargain - especially for those unhappy with the Adobe “rental” pricing for LightRoom. The only thing missing is a “de-haze” function which I find helpful when images have a lot of haze. Highly recommended - at the price you can’t go wrong.
Great RAW photo editor
Raw basics for pros with a great sync and library function. You won’t get lost or distracted by the many unnecessary tools other apps are cluttered with. The unique RAW tuning controls like Aperture had are perfect, and no other app can beat the results of this app. One of my favorite features is the RAW filter button to quickly view only RAW files in your library, something other apps make cumbersome and unintuitive. The iOS and Mac versions work very well together for a trouble-free workflow. The edits of Fujifilm RAW files are better than Lightroom and most other editors. Highly recommended, and an incredible value!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.