Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** NOTE: FOOTAGE RECORDED AT 10 OR 12 BIT CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE WAIT FOR THE APP UPDATE! ***
RAWMagic is the professional cinematographer's number one choice for MLV and RAW video conversion when shooting with Magic Lantern-equipped Canon DSLRs.
RAWMagic converts MLV and RAW files to CinemaDNG sequences that can be edited directly with popular non-linear editing programs like DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere CC without any additional steps. You can edit your footage in native CinemaDNG, then export to a color correction app like DaVinci Resolve for final grading. All without the need for proxy files!
Magic Lantern is a RAW video recording modification for Canon HDSLRs that allows the recording of RAW video, just like with much more expensive cameras designed for professional cinematography.
• Converts Magic Lantern MLV and RAW files
• Produces CinemaDNG files that can be edited directly in Adobe Premiere CC
• Can output compressed CinemaDNG
• Seamless DaVinci Resolve CinemaDNG workflow with synchronized audio and timecode
• Supports MLV audio
• File spanning support when shooting to FAT32 media
• Both 12 bit and 16 bit CinemaDNG output
What's New in Version 1.3.2
• Fixed bug that prevented WAV audio files from being imported into DaVinci Resolve 12.1 or newer
• Fixed hang that would sometimes occur upon conversion with spanned MLV files
• Fixed crash that would occur after starting a conversion with MLV files containing audio
good when it works_iffy customer service.
does a good job when it works…but for me, program crashes and doesn’t convert on a recurring basis. i’m having to switch between this and another converter,
in order to get all my MLV files to convert…wish i could just use this one.
tried to contact customer service…and got a late reply. tried to follow up and never heard back.
Like others said, if it’s crashing on launch, simply deleted and reinstall and it should start working again. Glad they are still giving updates. A great tool.
* Previous Review : I have been using the lite version for years already, it’s a great tool and work well. The options are nice in the paid version, but honestly seem a little lacking for the price. Nice to have different bit depth options, but one thing is that Analying the files takes a long time which i never experienced in the lite version or in other similar utilities. Also with MLV files it seems like sometimes it swaps the order of the files incorrectly so that it exports the 2nd half first and stuches it to the 1st half.
Also be aware that your audio sync is hit or miss, I think that’s a given with ML but nice that this will chop the file length and format it for a quick workflow in Davinci Resolve.
CinemaDNGs are exported with about 3+ added exposure. Pushing highlights up and over. I’ve tried changing the few settings in the interface to reverse this, but no luck. Not cool.
- Category: Video
- Updated: Feb 19, 2016
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rarevision LLC
- Copyright © 2015-2016 Rarevision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor