RayLab is an application for design and simulation of optics. It can be used either as a learning tool or for the design of real optical systems.
Basic version includes:
• Ability to model 2D lenses and mirrors
• Full control over placement and shape of optical components
• Full control over aspheric surface shape parameters
• Full geometric ray tracing
• Sequential and Non Sequential analysis
• Front Focal Length, Back Focal Length, Principle Surface calculations
• Sample Models
Upgrade to RayLab Pro enables:
• 3D Modeling
• Advanced Optical Elements such as Lens Arrays, Diffraction Gratings, Prisms, Fresnel Lenses, etc.
• Polarization Ray Tracing
* Ray Splitting / Beam Splitter modeling
• Multi-Configuration Manager and animation functionality
• Ability to perform optimizations of design parameters
• Ray Transfer Matrix calculation
• Various commercial glass catalogs
• Zemax Importer
• Multiple Analysis Windows:
-- Fan Ray Diagram.
-- Wavefront Error Plot.
-- Grid Distortion Plot.
-- Spot Diagram.
-- Chromatic Aberration.
-- Gaussian Spot Size.
-- Polarization Analyzer.
Upgrade is available with in-app purchases of various modules OR as a full featured subscription.
• The subscription offers a 7 day free trial period. Subscription begins immediately but payment will only be charged to iTunes Account at the end of the trial period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same monthly price as the original subscription.
• You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if the subscription is cancelled.
- Bug fixes, including issues with Optimization feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Most Powerful Optics App on the iPad
This is a powerful app for simulating optics. It includes many different types of optics and models a wide variety of optical phenomena. Great learning tool.
Great optics simulation software. Best money I have spent in a long time. Keep up the good work!
Waste of money
Wast of money
Developer Response ,
This is not a game. The app is intended for optics students and engineers. The basic app has been free for the past month. The professional features offer a free trial period. It is hard to see how you could consider it a waste of money.
- Kamyar Ghandi
- 41.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Kamyar Ghandi
- In-App Purchases
- RayLab Pro Subscription $3.99
- RayLab Pro 2 $5.99
- 3D Modeling $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.