By Kamyar Ghandi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RayLab is an application for design and simulation of optics. It can be used either as a learning tool or for the design of real optical systems.
Basic version includes:
• Ability to model 2D lenses and mirrors
• Full control over placement and shape of optical components
• Full control over aspheric surface shape parameters
• Full geometric ray tracing
• Sequential and Non Sequential analysis
• Front Focal Length, Back Focal Length, Principle Surface calculations
• Tutorial examples
Upgrade to RayLab Pro is available thru a monthly auto-renewing subscription which enables:
• 3D Modeling
• Advanced Optical Elements such as Lens Arrays, Diffraction Gratings, Prisms, Fresnel Lenses, etc.
• Polarization Ray Tracing
• Multi-Configuration Manager and animation functionality
• Ability to perform optimizations of design parameters
• Ray Transfer Matrix calculation
• Various commercial glass catalogs
• Zemax Importer
• Multiple Analysis Windows:
-- Fan Ray Diagram.
-- Wavefront Error Plot.
-- Grid Distortion Plot.
-- Spot Diagram.
-- Chromatic Aberration.
-- Gaussian Spot Size.
-- Polarization Analyzer.
• The subscription offers a 7 day free trial period. Your subscription begins immediately but payment will only be charged to iTunes Account at the end of the trial period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same monthly price as the original subscription.
• You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if you cancel the subscription.
What's New in Version 4.02
* This version adds the ability to model Beam Splitters.
* You can model polarizing or non-polarizing cube beam splitters and pellicle beam splitters with adjustable reflectance parameters Rs, Rp.
* Additionally, you can model partial reflection/refraction at all glass surfaces using Fresnel Equations.
* It is now possible to model interference patterns using the Coherent Detector analysis window.
Best optics app
It's a good app for figuring out what each type of lens does to light passing through. Very nice.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 12, 2016
- Version: 4.02
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Kamyar Ghandi
- © 2013-2016 Kamyar Ghandi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- RayLab Pro Bundle$5.99
- 3D Modeling$4.99
- RayLab Pro UpgradeFree
- Source and Lens Arrays$1.99
- Schott Glass Catalog$0.99
- Solver/Optimizer Module$2.99
- Custom Glass Editor$0.99
- Ohara Glass Catalog$0.99
- RayLab Pro Subscription$3.99
- Sumita Glass Catalog$0.99