Access to Medical Information at the point of care is critical in ensuring safe and effective medical practices. MEG Guideline apps provide a way for clinicians to deliver their guidelines, protocols and clinical practice guides to staff members on their own mobile devices. Access to this information at the point of care provides immediate guidance and helps to improve patient outcomes.
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Hospital Group (RCSI HG) Antimicrobial Prescribing Guidelines are now available in mobile app format for smartphone devices. It includes guidelines for: Connolly Hospital, Rotunda Hospital, Cavan Monaghan Hospital and Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Drogheda.
It includes practical evidence based guidelines on the appropriate use of antimicrobials, empiric antimicrobial treatment and prophylaxis recommendations for adult and paediatric patients by body system, links to dosing calculators for gentamicin and vancomycin, and much more. Contact the Antimicrobial Stewardship Team in each hospital for username and password details.
Features of the app include:
• Hospital specific antimicrobial guidelines
• Excellent design and easy navigation
• Gentamicin & vancomycin dosing algorithms/ calculators
• Renal dosing of antimicrobials
• Antibiotic prophylaxis in surgery
• Antimicrobial stewardship recommendations
• Well illustrated algorithms and tables
• Searchable content
For more information on the MEG system contact us through the developer links
Fix for accessing Terms & Conditions
- Medical EGuides
- 12.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © RCSI 2014
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.