Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover your next favorite track with Rdio, a social jukebox with over 20 million tracks to play — instantly or in stations — on your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Play what you want, when you want, from new hits to classic albums. Or, start a station based on any track, artist or genre and lean back while Rdio plays a perfect mix of songs. Once you’ve found some favorites, add them to your Collection or put them in a playlist. If you’re going to lose signal, just sync to your device and listen offline.
Feeling social? Follow friends, artists and other music lovers to see what they’re playing. The more people you follow, the more music you’ll discover.
It’s music evolved. Go and play.
Try Rdio Unlimited free for two weeks. Keep listening to stations for free (currently available in the United States, Canada, and Australia), or upgrade for unlimited listening everywhere with In-App Purchases for 14.99 USD (US) / 14.99 CAD (CA) / 14.99 GBP (GB) / 20.99 AUD (AU) / 19.99 NZD (NZ) / 14,99 EUR (DE, ES, PT, FR, FI, BE, NL, IE, AT, IT) / 10,99 EUR (LV, LT) / 9,99 EUR (CZ, EE) / 6,99 EUR (PL) / 149 DKK (DK) / 149 SEK (SE) / 147 NOK (NO) / 139 MXP (MX) / 19,00 CHF (CH) / $18.99 USD (IS) / 10.99 USD (CL) / $11.99 USD (CO) / 68 HKD (HK) / $6.99 (MY) per month, renewing automatically.
Praise from Rdio’s fans:
"Rdio feels more like a best friend who loves music than an app." – @Visqis
“Everyone knows that I'm the king of the playlists . . . Rdio gives me the red carpet I been waiting for to lead people to my favorite Quiet Storm Classics . . . or my Sunday Clean Mix (my personal favorite song collection). My infinite music landscape has found a happy home!” – Questlove, drummer of The Roots
Praise from the press:
“A seemingly endless amount of music to discover.” – Belinda Thomas, Examiner
“Makes it so, so easy to find music you love, hopping from one act to the next.” – Alexis C. Madrigal, The Atlantic
“Rdio has by far the best app and online interface [of all streaming music services] . . . Grade: A” – Entertainment Weekly
“It's the music discovery version of a candy store.” — Marissa Cetin, Mashable
What's New in Version 2.5.7
- Playlist Editing. Now, you can update your playlists from any mobile device. Add, remove and rearrange tracks; add and edit playlist artwork; change visibility and collaboration settings and more.
- Reviews. Write album and playlist reviews right from the app, and read reviews by critics and other Rdio listeners.
- Various UI improvements and minor bug fixes.
Rdio gets better and better
Rdio keeps getting better and better with updates, but there are still several things I'd like to see added:
1. ARTIST PROFILES - users can see what's new with artists (through twitter and instagram), see what songs have been released (rather than just the current artist list page), upcoming concerts, and more.
2. FOLLOW ARTISTS - actual phone notifications when a song or album is released
3. SONG INFO - genres, lyrics, music videos, etc.
4. 320 KBPS - better audio quality
5. PLAY NEXT - similar to iTunes, where a user can set a song or playlist to later play
6. RDIO FOR IPAD - make better use of the iPad screen size (like playlists view)
7. OFFLINE COLLECTION - allow a better collection station that doesn't need the internet when just streaming offline tracks. Stations currently repeat tracks and go slow when offline.
8. UNAVAILABLE FIX - songs shouldn't just disappear from your collection when they become available. Instead, list the song as pertaining to several albums. Don't just remove it and put it on another album.
9. DUPLICATES IN PLAYLISTS - this should be an easy fix. There's no need for multiples of a song in a playlist, so just keep a user from putting a song in the same playlist more than once.
All in all, Rdio would be better off with some quality improvements and bringing forth more information and a greater social networking feel. It would be great if Rdio brought forth data similar to that given by Shazam.
Best music app out there!
I'm currently in college and got a 5 dollar student discount! So I have already bought what would've cost me around 400 dollars worth of songs in my first week of membership, this app is beautifully displayed, and reading the reviews made me laugh, a lot of people complained about certain things like, you can't go offline, can't start a playlist, can't sort music, well maybe rdio should make a better tutorial cause you can do all that and more, seriously a great app and will stay subscribed as long as they can keep up the good work
Best thing out there.
I love Rdio. It's fantastic. It has completely changed the way I listen to and discover music. My only beef is with the iPhone app. There are times when it is incredibly confusing. The UX is just off. - like when you click on a song in the album preview, it then opens another window with the song list and album art. Why have two screens and then have to click back through the preview to see an album list? I will note, however, that I recently got an iPad and now it makes a little more sense as to why it is the way it is on iPhone. The iPad app is fantastic, and the preview vs. play window works with more real estate.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 11, 2014
- Version: 2.5.7
- Size: 32.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Rdio, Inc.
- © Rdio Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rdio Unlimited$14.99
- Rdio Unlimited$14.99
- Rdio Unlimited$11.99
- Rdio Unlimited$10.99
- Rdio Unlimited$16.99
- Rdio Unlimited$13.99
- Rdio Unlimited$8.99
- Rdio Unlimited$9.99
- Rdio Unlimited$20.99
- Rdio Unlimited$19.99