RDM+ HD: Remote Desktop for Mac and Windows
By SHAPE GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Easy-to-setup and reliable application providing fast and secure remote access to your Mac or Windows computers. Connect to as many remote computers as you want at no additional cost!
Free RDM+ Desktop application should be installed on each computer you want to have access to. RDM+ Desktop is available as free download at www.rdmplus.com
* Take advantage of iPad multitouch gestures to control your remote computer with direct mouse control: left click, right click, double click, drag and drop, scrolling. Tap and double tap work as click and double click. Pinch to zoom in and zoom out
* Support of standard Windows and Mac hotkeys and ability to create custom hotkeys combinations for various operations with your computer
* Local connection option with quick discovery of computers located within your local network and increased connection speed
* Multimedia panel for multimedia applications control
* Unique data compression algorithms decreasing data traffic while keeping fast application performance on 3G/Edge/GPRS connection
* Works via WiFi and carrier data network and supports automatic adjustment for different connection speeds
* Direct text input option
* Landscape display orientation support
* Easy access for enterprise users through NAT and Firewall as well as for individual users with dynamic IPs
* Master Password option will protect your computer information in case your device is lost or stolen
* Ultimate security level with 3DES (Triple DES, CBC mode) encryption algorithm with 128-bits key randomly generated with the start of each connection session
* Supports Intel-based Macs running on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard, 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, Microsoft Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista / 2008 / 7
* Free technical support by SHAPE Services team
* Free updates
NOTE: Retina display (HiDPI mode) is not yet supported.
Controlling your desktop has never been easier!
Quick setup guide:
1. Install RDM+ from AppStore and launch it on your iPad
2. Download free RDM+ Desktop and install it on the computers you would like to have access to.
3. Add RDM+ Desktop IDs into RDM+ iPad and you’re all set.
Extended installation and setup guides are available at:
If you are experiencing issues with RDM+ after recovering from sleep mode in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, please update RDM+ Desktop application to the version 3.5:
Follow @rdmplus on Twitter for the latest updates from RDM+ team!
About SHAPE Services
SHAPE Services is a leading mobile apps development company. Since 2002, IM+ and other SHAPE's apps are recognized bestsellers on all mobile platforms.
Visit www.shapeservices.com for more details.
See also IM+, Business Card Reader, CheckIn+, VR+, Mobiscope
What's New in Version 2.5.2
Support for Retina display of the new iPad
Seamless Remote Desktop
I have tried several different "Remote Desktop" apps in the past, but this is the only one that is truly transparent and fully functional. I especially like the virtual trackpad and the magnifying glass - I'm an older user, and the eyes are NOT what they used to be, but this eliminates the zoom in - zoom out crud.
Using this on an iPad3 with a bluetooth keyboard, and an iPhone5. Great usability on either platform, although heavy typing is best not done on the iPhone. Unlike the others, this one works well even on 4G connectivity (others would not connect unless in the same WiFi network, which makes them kinda useless for remote administration IMHO.)
Well written, smooth operation, and no issues.
Can't Handle Retina Display on my MacBookProRD
I saw that this app works great on a Mac but I really wanted it to access my MacBookPro with Retina Display. So when I saw "New Version, Support for Retina Display . . ." I thought I'd jump in. However, it was unable to render the screen of my Retina Display MBP. I went back and looked at the iTunes description and it said "Support for Retina Display of the NEW IPAD!" I had failed to read that prior to purchase. My bad. I think that limitation should be displayed more prominently, however. Particularly as Apple will soon be releasing desktops with Retina Displays after which the entire world will soon follow.
Well, it IS good for my current iMac! Maybe future upgrades will let it render a remote Retina Display — hope so.
Rock Solid, Flawless
I have used RDM+ through serval updates over the last 2 years and I control 30+ PC's and it is rock solid. It always comes up cleanly and I have had no issues that could not be ascribed to slow connection. Definitely worth the price. I would only add one feature to this already great program. That would be the ability to export a list of computers from one installation to import into another. Get RDM+ now whether it be to help mom with PC issues or use it as a back up to your businesses expensive custom VPN software as I do. You will wonder why you did not use it before.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 26, 2012
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: SHAPE GmbH
- © 2012 SHAPE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.