PLEASE NOTE: If you have an iPad Air/Air2, iPad Mini 2/3/4, or iPad Pro, we strongly recommend you to download Reactable ROTOR instead of Reactable mobile!
ROTOR is the new App by Reactable Systems that turns the iPad into a comprehensive electronic music performance suite. Using the optional ROTOR controllers, which can be purchased separately, it also brings the reactable tangible music experience for the first time into the iPad. More info at www.reactable.com/rotor
Create and improvise music in an intuitive and visual way. This app brings the full creative power of the internationally awarded interactive Reactable instrument used by renowned musicians like Björk to your mobile device.
All Reactable mobile users get access to exclusive content. Download and remix original tables by Oliver Huntemann, Nortec Collective Bostich+Fussible, Amo+Navas, Gui Boratto and many more.
• Top 10 Music App Worldwide by App Store
• New And Noteworthy by Apple
• Featured in Best Music Apps by iTunes Rewind
• App of the week and Hall of fame App
• 2nd and 3rd Best Music App Ever by Best App Ever
• Interactive category nomination by BI Designs of the Year
*Reactable Mobile* enables you not only to create your own sound tables but also to act as producer by remixing tables of fellow Reactable musicians, adding your personal touch and share it again in a seamless way.
Based on the very same audio and graphics engine as the Reactable, the mobile version brings a complete range of objects to multi-touch devices:
• Generate sound with a set of generator objects including are loop players, synthesizers, oscillators and input object.
• Modify generated sounds with a set of effect objects including wave shapers, delays, modulators and filters.
• Modify other objects parameters with a set of controller objects including sequencers, LFOs and accelerometer.
• Modify the settings of the entire table with a set of global objects including tempo, volume and tonalizer.
The new version gives you mobile access to the brand new *Reactable Community* where you’ll be able to listen and remix tracks created by your friends and musicians, to watch videos of their performances, to comment and to share your favorites.
“Reactable for the iOS is awesome! If you are into synthesis it’s a must have app. I’ve been jamming all night!” — Jordan Rudess
“[…] a quality product for people serious with their music making.” — Chris O’Shea
Note: as this application uses both graphic and audio resources extensively, recent devices will provide the best user experience.
Bug fixes and performance improvements:
- Improved integration with Ableton Link
- Fixes a bug that prevented Launching the app on iPad 3.
- Fixes a bug that caused the app to crash when loading tables with extension objects.
Ratings and Reviews
Are there any intelligent developers left?
And the last update is unstable crashing Reactable all the time now making it useless now. Sigh.
Loading the update wiped clean what I was working on! I am really starting to get sick of irresponsible developers!
Last Kindle update made it completely unusable.
iOS 8.x should never have seen the light of day.
iOS 9.x has pregnant pauses and erratic performance issues with the last two updates.
OneNote last update causes the app to freeze when using 'x' to delete more than 4-5 characters in a large text only documents.
I could go on.
What I am seeing are developers that don't want to invest in QA/QC and just dump their buggy product on their customers and use us as beta testers.
Waste of Money
I’ve been playing music for 21 years. Been an Audio Engineer for around 10 years.
This is one of the WORST DAWs I’ve ever seen.
DO NOT BUY. WASTE OF MONEY.
Is Bjork the manual reading type?
$10 is a LOT of money for an app...UNLESS that app is an amazingly functional digital live performance instrument that is as deep as it is fun to use. I bought Aura Flux first (only because I noticed it in the app store first plus it was only $3) and I loved toying around with it so much that I figured a similar concept packed with pro features would easily be worth every peso of the ten buck price tag...Reactable EXCEEDED all expectations of what I'd assumed it would be capable of. The description's mention of Bjork using Reactable live led me to believe it would be a relatively simple app to figure out. My theory is based solely on the fact that she doesn't look like much of a manual reader. But in defense of my theory I mean that with the utmost respect and she really is the true winner because no one that reads manuals would look as stunning (and by 'stunning' I mean awesomely awkward" in a giant stuffed swan...on national tv...with a straight face...for real...cause that s@#* really happened.
But um, yeah...Reactable.
Worth it...so buy it already.
- Reactable Systems SL
- 51.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Reactable Systems, S.L.
- In-App Purchases
- All objects pack $9.99
- 2x1 Loop + Waveshaper $0.99
- Sequencer (1 of 2) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.