Read To Kids
By Bees Nest Studios, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read To Kids is a voice recording tool to help you create custom audiobooks with page turn indicator sounds. The recordings can be used for entertainment for your children.
Please try the free version (Read To Kids Lite) first, as the app will not record on some versions of hardware.
Ever been away from your kids at bedtime and wish you could be there to read them their favorite bedtime story?
Using the Read To Kids app, you can create audiobooks so they can hear you read a story and follow along when you can’t be there.
Ever been driving your kids and wanted a way to keep them entertained in the back seat besides watching videos?
Read To Kids allows kids to actively listen and engage in their favorite books while you focus on driving.
The Read To Kids app includes:
• A voice recorder.
• A simple interface to allow you to add a sound indicator when your child should turn each page.
• A variety of page turn sounds to choose from.
• An adjustable wait time to allow your child to turn the page.
• A record of the name of the book, the narrator, the recorded date, and the book ISBN.
• A basic audio player to listen to your recordings from within Read To Kids.
• An integrated email export feature.
• One step Tweet capability to tell others you made a recording.
• Import features using iTunes.
• Built in step-by-step instructions.
• Recordings can be any length your device free space will allow (files are 1MB/minute).
Uses for the Read To Kids app...
• Create collections of your kid’s favorite books.
• Provide listening entertainment on long road trips.
• Connect to your voice while out of town.
• Build your kid’s comfort interacting with books.
When to record an audiobook...
• Before your child can read so they can follow the pictures.
• As your child is learning to read so they can follow the words.
• Once your child can read where they can record themselves for the future.
Read To Kids recordings are not intended to replace reading to your kids in person, but supplement it.
Read To Kids recordings can help keep your kids connected to books when it is not possible for you to read to them.
Read To Kids recordings can be moved into your iTunes library from your device either from within iTunes or over email.
• Designed for iPhone and iPod Touch. Extended to the iPad.
Read To Kids is intended to be used to make "personal use" recordings. Any use of the recordings is the responsibility of the user.
What's New in Version 1.5
Simple and great!
This is a simple audio recorder, but it is perfect for those books our kids want to hear over and over. We've also been using it to record books when family visits from out of town. Now he's not only hearing me read to him in person, but recordings and memories of his long-distance grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Can't beat the price too!
Phone call = vanishing act
I downloaded the app and was recording a chapter book for my kid when at the end of chapter 5 I got a call that I, naturally, answered. When I came back to the app my recording disappeared. GONE! 1 1/2 hour of work, vanished. There was no pause or automatic save. Everything was reset.
I guess I should have just stuck to the voice memo app and jingled my keys for the turn page prompt. At least the voice memo pauses and/or saves automatically.
Good concept but poor execution. What a waste.
Great for the classroom
This is such a great and simple app for teachers. I record audiobooks for my kids to use while we do centers. The only critique I have is that it would be nice to upload a picture of the cover of the book for students to easily identify. I would also love it if the mic temporarily turned off during the page turning. Thank you for this great resource!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 12, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bees Nest Studios, LLC.
- © 2011 Bees Nest Studios, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.