Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As featured in the iTunes Special Education section, Read2Go is the most accessible DAISY ebook reader for iOS.
For questions on how to best use Read2Go, contact support(at)bookshare.org.
From within Read2Go, you can browse, search, download, and read books directly from Bookshare using your Bookshare membership, as well as read DAISY books from other sources. The app gives you full control over visual choices for font size and color, background and highlighting color, and text-to-speech preferences. Read2Go features word-by-word highlighting for multi-modal reading.
“I'm a high school student with dyslexia and find Bookshare essential to help me read all of my school books. With Read2Go I can download a book and start reading it in seconds. I don't stick out in class because people are familiar with iPods.” - 15-year old student
“The Read2Go app is beautiful in its simplicity. The navigation tools allow even young students to use it effortlessly. The highlighted text-to-speech provides a wonderful opportunity for individuals with print disabilities to increase word recognition and improve fluency. Bravo Bookshare for making a complex process appear seamless and effortless, a true mark of excellence.” – Parent of child with a print disability.
“I now rely solely on Read2Go for daily reading of the NY Times and my local papers. While waiting on the BART train concourse, commuting to work, flying from Oakland to Los Angeles and to the east coast, Read2Go grants me instant access and ease of use to capture and read many books and publications.” – Adult with a print disability.
• Access the Bookshare collection directly from the app
• Browse, search and download books quickly and easily, including those with images
• Read words on the screen with synchronized text-to-speech (Read2Go audio on)
• Read with highly natural Acapela voices and navigate with VoiceOver gestures (Read2Go audio on, VoiceOver on)
• Read with Apple VoiceOver gestures and voice (VoiceOver on, Read2Go audio off)
• Read with many choices of font size, color and backgrounds, and no voices (Read2Go and VoiceOver off)
• Read with Braille displays connected via Bluetooth
• Save books onto the Read2Go bookshelf
• Adjust font size up to 70 pts
• Adjust text-to-speech audio, either on or off for text-only or text-to-speech mode
• Adjust rate of audio
• View Table of Contents
• Set bookmarks
• Read from where you left off (auto-resume reading position)
• Support for all 6 levels of DAISY navigation built in to structure of book
• Supports DAISY 3.0 and 2.02
• Supports use of iTunes to transfer of non-Bookshare DAISY books to your device
• Supports “Open In Read2Go” for easy access to your books from the Bookshare website
• Educational institutions wishing to purchase 20 licenses or more can get a discount through the Apple Volume Licensing Program for Education
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
Version 184.108.40.206 of Read2Go is now available! This update will make sure Read2Go works with the upcoming release of Apple’s iOS 6 for all iDevices. This release also allows you to download books with images, using the “Open In” function, without having to transfer books via iTunes.
I am so happy books with pics can be downloaded easier! While it takes a couple more steps than just text based books, its way easier than previously! This is a great solution for a lot of kids I know! I only wish that the controls were more accessible for those with physical disabilities (either could be made bigger, or easier page turning options). Otherwise I am very happy as it has made many non-readers, readers!
I've written the same review twice (this is attempt #3), just to have it erased because the nickname I've chosen is taken?!! You can't let me just edit that and be done with it?! RIDICULOUS!
There really needs to be some maintenance done to the book "Go Baby Go!" The bottom of the letters are cut off, so the y's look like v's and the g's look like a's, etc. Maybe other books have the same issue, I don't know. This is the first book I've attempted to open since installing the app, so I'm very disappointed.
Glitches with new operating update on iPads
My daughter uses this for school work as she is dyslexic. When she updated her operating system on her iPad the app stopped working properly. So what was great now is horrible and frustrating. It stops and goes to the top of the book. Does not keep her place. We tried reloading it, it did not help.