• Read Ahead provides short and enjoyable 5-10 minute daily practice sessions which help pianists quickly develop their sight-reading ability.
• Innovative training exercises are incorporated into a carefully designed curriculum built around high quality music by a variety of composers.
• Read Ahead is designed to help piano students (children 10+ and adults) build the right habits and develop the skills necessary to fluently read music at their skill level.
• Designed to be integrated into a regular practice schedule.
• Fun for students to practice daily.
• Easy for busy teachers to incorporate into lessons and track progress.
• 36 daily exercise routines at each level.
Daily lesson plans consists of:
• Warm-up exercises to train memory, vision and touch.
• Read Ahead exercises to train students to read ahead of where they are playing.
• Sight-reading music from traditional ‘fixed' scores to pull it all together.
- Few Bug fixes
- Play Audio fix during tempo and exercises.
- Small enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
My piano students love this sight reading app
Great app for developing sightreading skills. It's so well-sequenced and pedagogical sound. I am a piano teacher and I have tried many sightreading app and books. This is by far the best. What I like most is the "disappearing effect of the music" to encourage students read ahead.
Each in-app purchase unlocks the full 10 day section, not just the single locked day.
Wonderful teaching tool!
I am a classically trained pianist who has been teaching piano for 40 years and have a very active studio of 35 students. Sight reading is the first thing we do at every lesson, and I am always looking for fresh ideas to bring to my students. One thing I have done for years is to "force the eyes ahead" by covering up the music with an index card as the student reads/plays the music. This Read Ahead app does that by having the music disappear as the student reads. Excellent! There are several reading components to each lesson, and each day is a little different but the disappearing music is the core of the reading program. Some parts of the lesson can be recorded but not assessed by the system. The student has the opportunity to assess his or her own performance at the end of each lesson.
Because the system does not have the capacity to "grade" the students' reading I find that it is most useful at lessons with a teacher present for younger students, but can be a marvelous tool for older students and self-starters as an at-home reading skill builder. If/when the developers create an assessment feature to this system I will insist that my younger students have it for at-home sight reading every day. In the mean time, I highly recommend the principles and methods used in this sight reading program.
- Anacrusis LLC
- 27.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Anacrusis LLC
- In-App Purchases
- ReadAhead Level 1A $3.99
- ReadAhead Level 1B $3.99
- ReadAhead Level 2A $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.