ReadCube is the simplest way to read, manage and discover research literature. ReadCube on your iPhone and iPad are the perfect companions to the free ReadCube desktop software, enabling you to access your papers anywhere – read on the go, organize your library and annotate PDFs with notes and highlights.
ReadCube Enhanced PDF features include:
• Tap-able inline citations, reference lists and author names so you can quickly find cited articles and related information
• Supplements are automatically attached where available
• Full screen PDF viewing plus multi-touch zoom/navigation for an optimal reading experience
• Multi-color highlighting and note taking tools
Easily find new papers:
• Search in PubMed, Google Scholar or ReadCube databases within the app
• Quickly download new articles with a single tap when you’re on campus or with your institutional proxy
Or import directly from Safari, email attachments and other apps:
• In Safari or your preferred browser, use any search engine to find article PDFs
• Use the “Open In…” option from the browser or any app to add PDFs to your ReadCube library
• Metadata are automatically resolved - no more guessing with cryptic file names
ReadCube personalized Recommendations:
• Our most popular feature!
• Discover relevant new papers based on your library – you’ll never miss another important paper again
• Create custom lists and sort articles into one or multiple lists
• Quickly search your entire library (and all annotations)
• Add any number of #tags to further customize your library organization
ReadCube Pro features:
• Sync everything – papers, notes, highlights – between the free ReadCube desktop app and your mobile devices
• Unlimited cloud storage space for your PDFs
Simplify your research life – try ReadCube for free on your iPhone, iPad and computer.
We love feedback from our users - please email email@example.com with any suggestions or issues. Thanks for using ReadCube!
* Fixes crashing issue on iOS 9 when viewing PDFs.
Ratings and Reviews
Essential for scientist
This app has become necessary for me during my PhD endeavor. It provides a good platform for organizing and managing my papers library, also, tools for accessing online articles are friendly and intuitive, with the possibility of synchronizing the library between multiple devices, specially my laptop and iPad.
I wish it had better or more tools for editing articles. I use the app in my iPad Pro, with Apple Pencil. But cannot write down hand-written notes. I think that’s a necessary feature that need to be implemented in order to make the app more appealing and functional or just to make it perfect for scientists.
Great app, one request
I love ReadCube. I used it all through grad school while I was working on my PhD, and I used it to read & organize my references before I exported them to EndNote in order to make my References section. Any time I’ve needed support, the IT help team has been very responsive and helpful. It also has worked well on MacOS and iOS; it works fairly well on Windows OS.
My only request is that I would like to be able to save multiple copies of a document, in order to mark up one and keep the other clean for display purposes.
Stay away for ReadCube
As a long-time Papers user, I want to express my extreme disappointment with ReadCube. The application is a complete mess, and not a viable upgrade from Papers 3. I’m not sure which UI toolkit they are using, but it appears to be some sort of cross-platform atrocity. As a result, it looks and feels terrible on both iOS and macOS. Much of the functionality of Papers has been stripped away, and support appears largely absent (I sent two emails and a Twitter direct message, but no replies). The original spirit that drove the independent developers to create Papers appears to be absent now that the company has changed hands a couple of times.
- Labtiva Inc
- 60.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Digital Science & Research Solutions, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.