Readder is a client for reddit. With Readder you can view your feeds, preview articles, movies, (cat) pictures and follow comments and discussions. Readder supports multiple display modes you can switch between to view the different content Reddit offers in the best way.
Sign in to your reddit account to view your subscribed reddits (requires a one-time IAP), vote, write comments and submit posts.
This client will work in any orientation, won't forget your reddit accounts and will give you the best mobile reddit experience.
Full feature list:
* Multiple Reddit accounts - requires a one-time IAP
* Lock screen - protect the app with a passcode or Touch ID
* Night mode
* Reader mode - for full screen immersive reading
* Repost finder
* Side bar for easy one-handed selection of subreddits
* 3D support: preview links, images and more
* Cast media to your chromecast
* Swipe quickly between links
* Use multi-touch swipe to reveal swipe actions on posts and comments
* Fully supports landscape and portrait device orientations
* Multiple display modes - pick the best one for the subreddit your viewing
* Manage custom subreddit lists
* Display videos and gifs
* Sort links and comments just like in reddit.com
* Adjustable font size
* Conserve bandwidth based on current connection
* Submit posts and comments
* Messages extension app for sending reddit links to friends
* Today widget showing latests links in the notification center
* Explore popular and trending subreddits
* User center: view your messages, posts, karma, saved content, etc.
* Keep optional list of recently visited subreddits
* Support viewing Multireddits
* Subreddit autocomplete
* Search Reddit and specific subreddits
* Easily swipe between your favorite subreddit feeds
* Content filters - filter out subreddits, users and specific domains
* Markdown helper bar
* Friends feed
* Pure Black mode (Settings > Display)
* Long tap settings button to change user
* Add icons to default feeds
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent replacement for Alien Blue
As someone who browses Reddit from my iPhone about 95% of the time, a well designed client is very important to me. Alien Blue was previously the best iOS Reddit client on offer, but after no updates since the new official app has been released, it has become stale and full of bugs since the introduction of iOS 11.
At first glance, Readder does not appear to be all that different than any other Reddit client. However, the number one reason I like it so much is the level of customization available. You can configure swipe comment collapsing to work exactly like Alien Blue does, which the official Reddit app still does not do 100% correctly. Having good eyesight, I appreciate the ability to shrink font size down to make each page more information dense, so I don’t have to scroll as much. The “card” layout Reddit is pushing these days is ridiculous, especially on a larger plus sized iPhone. Such a waste of space.
I’ve only just begun to work through all of the features available, but first impressions are everything, and I was thoroughly impressed in this case.
Great client. I literally have every client available on my phone going back and forth noting features and trying to decide. On or two things of note is everytime I go back to the feed view and want to vote or even comment it asks me to sign in. That's getting annoying quick considering I paid to add the account. While I have no problem with that, it's a stopping point for me. I'm also having some issues with the swiping features not consistently working. That might not be anything but user error, but figuring the real cause is frustrating. Feature rich is the reason I have gladly paid for the use. Keep up fine tuning it devs. Thank you.
Thanks! Please report any issues you're seeing on /r/readder so we can get to the bottom of it.
This is great but terrible at the same time.
I came from alien blue and use Readder exclusively now l, but I think I’m looking to change that. I paid for the pro version and it certainly isn’t worth it. My front page goes to an irreversible black screen that requires me to quit and reopen the app. This happens countless times a day, and is quite honestly infuriating. I’m running this on IOS 11 or higher on an iPhone X. This keep happening. Alien blue which hasn’t updated in literal years runs with less crashes. At this point I think it’s a toss up. All this being said you guys nailed a lot of the features and even expanded upon a lot of the things AB didn’t. If it didn’t crash every 10-20 minutes I’d be happy. Can I give this 0 stars? I’ll change my rating when the issue is resolved, until then cheers.
Thanks for the feedback! Is this still an issue? If so, please join us at /r/readder and we'll do our best to get this fixed.
- Nutmeg Studios LLC
- 130.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Nutmeg Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features $2.99
- Premium (Apple TV) $3.99
- Support Readder I $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.