If you're looking for a fun app to encourage your young one to read more look no further. This app combines reading, comprehension and gaming all in one! Each bundle consist of 10 stories based on the well loved Aesop's Fables. After each story, there is a comprehension quiz for readers to engage in. After the reader has read all 10 stories, he or she can compete alone or challenge up to three other readers to a game of story recall. Playing alone, the reader can compete for the highest score in the world on Game Center! As they read each story and take the quiz, readers can unlock achievements using their Game Center account. Using your iPad's ability, readers can have words defined or even read to them as needed. This application is packed full of support to assist parents and teachers. To keep track of the readers progress, scores can be e-mailed after individual quizzes and progress can be viewed on Game Center. These stories are written on a 2nd to 4th grade level. Additional story collections can be purchased inside the app.
- Easy to use user interface
- Includes ten stories
- Every story contains a moral lesson
- Each story contains 10 multiple choice questions
- Multiple choice questions are randomized each time a quiz is taken.
- Use Game Center to keep track of your child's progress through the application
- Since this app uses Game Center all achievements are backed up in the cloud.
- Unlimited Game Center Accounts can be made
- Unlock Game Center Achievements
- Stories are based on a 2nd to 4th Grade reading level
- Children can compete for the highest scores on Single Player Game Mode
- Children can test their knowledge against their friends in Multiplayer Game Mode
- Students can send their parents or teacher an email containing how they did on a quiz
- The email contains a text file to prevent the data from being manipulated
- The email's text file contains the following: date, title of story, percentage, and the questions they missed along with their answer and the right answer
- The stories' font can easily be resized
- Words or stories can be read using your iPad's Speak Selection Accessibility(See the How To section inside the app)
- Words can easily be defined in the text
- Additional story collections can be purchase inside the app
- Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Reading Comprehension Fable Edition
I love this app for supporting common core's addition of this type of literature. Students love to read it on the ipad.
This app is easy to use and the stories are enjoyable. The instructions need to be shortened and made a bit clearer, but this is a great app to help with comprehension.
THE BEST FREE APP EVER!!
I love all the apps from this company but they have out done themselves!! It is so much fun I even play! It reads the stories aloud and has a game! The game can be played individual or head to head!!! I hate waiting for my turn but you don't have to do this with the game! It also has quizzes in which the results can be e-mailed to teachers or parents; plus the scores cannot be tampered with!!! WOW HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?? IT'S FREE!!!!!!!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.