Reading Rainbow Skybrary
By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reading Rainbow is BACK! TRY IT FREE and start reading today! Hosted by LeVar Burton, the reimagined Reading Rainbow Skybrary App includes an unlimited library of books and video field trips to encourage your child’s love of reading.
• Unlimited reading of over 500 quality children’s books
• Voyage to 7 themed islands that excite and inspire
• Adventure on 200+ exciting educational Video Field Trips with LeVar Burton
• Receive new content every Friday
• Interactive animations make every book come to life and never detract from the story
• Be offered book recommendations based on your child's age and interests
• Kids can “Read to Me” or “Read by Myself” to enhance skills
• Earn rewards to motivate reading
• Use one subscription for up to 3 children in the household
• Now play across the Web and tablets of all kinds
• Spark family conversations as you track your child’s progress with the Parent Dashboard
The #1 educational Reading Rainbow App is now called Skybrary! In addition to iPad, Skybrary’s digital library is available on any web browser so you can access books and videos anytime, anywhere. Children ages 2-9 pilot their own personal hot air balloons to visit 7 unique islands, each featuring a wide array of quality literature and video content. Kids explore such topics as animals, friends, family, science, space, music, and more. Finding the right book is easy with our extensive library of over 500 children’s books from esteemed authors and publishers! Watch as animated characters from your favorite stories jump off the page and come to life. Read by yourself or read-along with narration by spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and his hand selected group of acclaimed storytellers. Plus, over 200 newly produced and classic Video Field Trips show children they can visit fascinating people and places, and “Go Anywhere, Be Anything” with host LeVar Burton. Introduce your child to the fun of reading with Skybrary by Reading Rainbow – download it today and try it FREE.
WHY SKYBRARY BY READING RAINBOW:
• Children learn to LOVE reading with Skybrary!
• The #1 Educational App that inspired the Kickstarter campaign to “Bring Reading Rainbow Back to Every Child, Everywhere”
• Over 25 million books read & video field trips enjoyed by children
• 5-star award-winning learning App recognized by Common Sense Media, Mom’s Choice, Dr. Toy and more
• Based on the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series
HOW THE SKYBRARY APP WORKS:
• Free to try, select up to 5 books and enjoy a sampling of educational video field trips.
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month “Explorer” for $9.99, 6 Months “Voyager” for $29.99 or 1 Year “Adventurer” for $49.99 (all subscriptions are recurring).
• Customized profiles for up to 3 children in a family, at no additional cost.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own and across the web on any browser.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children’s literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
What's New in Version 1.10.5
• Our library now includes over 200 Video Field Trips!
• In addition to iPad, access Skybrary’s digital library on any web browser
• Improved performance of book downloads and video streaming
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements
My kids love it!
I have had this app for a little over a year, and the subscription is well worth the money. I live in an area with a limited supply of physical childrens books, and the Skybrary has me and my family covered. I read one to two stories from this app when I put my kids to bed most evenings. My son, who can't quite read yet, will sit with the app and make up his own story as he flips through the pages.
I have found only one issue thus far. Often, when turning off the audio to the book it will disable touching the interactive sections on the page and turning the page by sliding. I'll have to close the book and reopen it again to get it to work. This happens on both my iPad Air and my wife's iPad 4. Other than that, it's a great app.
My toddler LOVES this app
I grew up w RR and was SO excited to see it was back and better than ever! We have had this app for almost a year now, so since my kiddo turned a year and a half. She loves it! We still go to the local library every week, but every night during quiet time she wants RR time! I also love that she can tell when she is done, if I say you get three books and one video tonight, then as we go I remind her, you have xyz left then it's bed time, it helps a lot. When it comes time to shut it off she says goodnight and goes to bed happy. She doesn't get much screen time and I am happy this is how she chooses to spend it!