Reading Rainbow Skybrary Family
By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skybrary® captures the magic of the beloved children’s television series Reading Rainbow®, bringing its mission of comprehension and intellectual engagement into the Digital Age.
Spark a lifelong love of learning in your young reader by joining us on a journey through an ever-expanding world of interactive digital books and Video Field Trips hosted by everyone’s favorite storyteller, LeVar Burton. With Skybrary Family, your child can truly go anywhere and be anything. Download it today and give your child a whole month of free access!
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 600 quality children’s books.
• Discover more than 250 educational Video Field Trips.
• Explore new content every week.
• Unlock interactive animations that bring the stories to life and support reading comprehension.
• Find tailored book recommendations based on your child's age and interests.
• Create customized profiles for up to 3 children at no additional cost.
• Choose "Read to Me" or "Read by Myself" for each book.
• Track your reader's progress with a Parent Dashboard.
For children, Skybrary Family is an immersive world of reading discovery, where they can pilot their own personal hot air balloons through 7 magical islands, each home to hundreds of quality books and videos that celebrate diversity, family and the world around us. Young readers are free to explore the topics they love most as well as discover new areas of interest.
WHAT MAKES READING RAINBOW SKYBRARY FAMILY SO SPECIAL?
• Supports increased reading frequency and literacy development.
• Designed to enhance reading comprehension through purposeful interactivity.
• Enhances a child’s relationship to reading by making it fun, interesting, and relevant.
• Embodies the educational values of the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series Reading Rainbow.
• Designed to engage young minds within the context of a modern family’s busy lifestyle.
• Provides healthy, interactive, educational screen time.
HOW THE SKYBRARY FAMILY APP WORKS:
• Register for free and get access to everything we have to offer for a whole month!
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month “Explorer” for $4.99 or 1 Year “Adventurer” for $39.99 (all subscriptions are recurring).
• Your subscription is connected to your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads, iPhones, and across the web on any browser.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Cancellations will be reflected during your next billing cycle.
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children’s literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
Reading Rainbow ® WNED-Buffalo. Skybrary ® RRKIDZ Inc.
Skybrary Family © RRKIDZ Inc. / All Rights Reserved
What's New in Version 2.0.1
What you'll find in version 2.0.1:
In addition to the sweet, sweet ability to explore Skybrary Family on your iPhone, this update goes twice as high with bug fixes and stability improvements!
Go anywhere be anything!!!
I grew up in this show, and when I heard it was coining back I was super excited. I read the other reviews and thought I would chime in. My two nephews and I love this app. We read the books together (unless LeVar is the voice of the auto reader!) then we find videos we can watch that are the same subject of the books. (Eli, 2 years old, likes the Honest Abe video because their is a scarecrow in it. Ethan 7 years old, is really into the dragon books, because I read and he gets to make the pictures animate when he touches the screen) it's amazing to get to share my childhood with my nephews. I love the animation, the many islands full of books. There are pieces of the original episodes! I know people seem frustrated with no being able to view the books offline, but even with that minor flaw, the app is worth it. I am not a technical guru... but I can say bed time stories have become a must in our house hold and I'm so happy with this service! (Ethan wants me to add... every kid need this because it's soooooo coool!)
Reading Rainbow Rocks
My oldest has been using the app for a couple years and now my youngest is now in the app's age range. What sets this app apart from the other similar apps is quality over quantity. Other apps have more books but they do it with comics, cartoon characters and other franchises. Also the videos teach kids about the world that they may not experience in their immediate lives. Especially after the recent US election I appreciate Reading Rainbow's videos showing diverse topics, cultures, and perspectives in a very approachable and appropriate way for kids. Oh and thanks for the iPhone app! Super convenient for car rides and restaurants :)
A favorite at our house
Skybrary is one of only a handful apps I trust whole heartedly and will hand to my kids without a second thought. Both the book and video content is rich, deep and thoughtfully curated to encourage satisfying curiosity through reading. Topics range from art, to nature to science and adventure. Both my children love it so much that Skybrary is regarded as a reward! That's impressive. Thank you Reading Rainbow for putting a quality app out there. My kids just LOVE it!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 14, 2016
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 160 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RRKidz, Inc.
- © 2016 RRKidz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skybrary Subscription$4.99
- Skybrary Subscription$29.99
- Skybrary Subscription$39.99