Reading Rainbow Skybrary Family
By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skybrary® captures the magic of the beloved children’s television series Reading Rainbow®, bringing its mission of comprehension and intellectual engagement into the Digital Age.
Spark a lifelong love of learning in your young reader by joining us on a journey through an ever-expanding world of interactive digital books and Video Field Trips hosted by everyone’s favorite storyteller, LeVar Burton. With Skybrary Family, your child can truly go anywhere and be anything. Download it today and give your child a whole month of free access!
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 600 quality children’s books.
• Discover more than 250 educational Video Field Trips.
• Explore new content every week.
• Unlock interactive animations that bring the stories to life and support reading comprehension.
• Find tailored book recommendations based on your child's age and interests.
• Create customized profiles for up to 3 children at no additional cost.
• Choose "Read to Me" or "Read by Myself" for each book.
• Track your reader's progress with a Parent Dashboard.
• Ad-free environment.
For children, Skybrary Family is an immersive world of reading discovery, where they can pilot their own personal hot air balloons through 7 magical islands, each home to hundreds of quality books and videos that celebrate diversity, family and the world around us. Young readers are free to explore the topics they love most as well as discover new areas of interest.
WHAT MAKES READING RAINBOW SKYBRARY FAMILY SO SPECIAL?
• Supports increased reading frequency and literacy development.
• Designed to enhance reading comprehension through purposeful interactivity.
• Enhances a child’s relationship to reading by making it fun, interesting, and relevant.
• Embodies the educational values of the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series Reading Rainbow.
• Designed to engage young minds within the context of a modern family’s busy lifestyle.
• Provides healthy, interactive, educational screen time.
HOW THE SKYBRARY FAMILY SUBSCRIPTION WORKS:
• Register and get a 1 Month Free Trial to everything we have to offer!
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month for $4.99 USD or 1 Year for $39.99 USD (all subscriptions are recurring).
• Your subscription is connected to your iTunes Account and can be used on additional iPads, iPhones, and across the web on any browser.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase or at the start of the first subscription period after an eligible free trial has completed.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Cancellations will be reflected during your next billing cycle.
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children’s literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
Reading Rainbow ® WNED-Buffalo. Skybrary ® RRKIDZ Inc.
Skybrary Family © RRKIDZ Inc. / All Rights Reserved
What's New in Version 2.0.2
What you'll find in version 2.0.2
• We made it easier for you to start a free trial! Now you can jump into the Skybrary experience twice as fast.
• Some of you were having issues with the app crashing, and you shouldn’t have them anymore because our engineering team rocks hardcore.
• As always, we kicked out the bugs ruining your in-app experience. They’re not welcome here, but you and your kids are!
The price is more manageable but...
... Everything that we didn't like about it last time we subscribed is still broken and more. In some books, books that have been in Skybrary for years, animations pop-over the text and stay there whether you tap on them or not, obscuring most the text on that page before you or your child can read it!!! Yes, even and especially in the pre-K books!
Rather than fixing this app or the versions for Android/Kindle, it seems that all pretense at quality control has been dropped across the board.
Amazing!!! I grew up watching reading rainbow, very educational! I downloaded the app for daughter,3 years ago, & she loves it!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 30, 2017
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 168 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RRKidz, Inc.
- © 2017 RRKidz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skybrary Subscription$4.99
- Skybrary Subscription$29.99
- Skybrary Subscription$39.99